Elon Musk Buys Twitter

Oerdin

This is a nice short youtube video of how the Biden administration flipped a full 180 after Elon bought Twitter to allow for free speech. Last year when Trump got banned it was "private companies can do what they want". The day Elon buys Twitter is became "we must regulate them so they only allow speech we agree with".

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
The cognitive dissonance is deafening/remarkable. If it's deliberate then fie on them.

They will find me more than up to the task as an agent of change.

Many thanks for this thread.

The Question

Eternal
If Musk has done the American people no other service, he's done this one: He has forced the heretofore-believed "mainstream" to unmask in the biggest, loudest, most absolutely undeniable way possible as the radical left kooks the right has always said they are.

There's no plausible deniability for them now.

Last edited:

The Question

Eternal
This is a nice short youtube video of how the Biden administration flipped a full 180 after Elon bought Twitter to allow for free speech. Last year when Trump got banned it was "private companies can do what they want". The day Elon buys Twitter is became "we must regulate them so they only allow speech we agree with".

What's really amusing about this is that now they give a shit about Section 230 reform. But what do they think they're going to accomplish with it?

So far, all the left's screaming over Musk seems to be predicated on the firm belief that he's going to start doing to the left what the left were happy to see done to the right.

Put it another way, they're afraid that they're going to get a big ol' dose of their own medicine.

But that's not what Musk is doing, and tilting the playing field again to suppress conservative speech isn't something S230 would allow for -- unless they bake suppression of speech into it, thereby actually violating the First Amendment. And any attempt to do that would (hopefully, certainly justifiably) get shot down in flames by SCOTUS.

Maybe they'll try to go after, "misinformation" -- but "misinformation" is Constitutionally protected speech.

jack

This is an interesting unwinding., The possibilty of them actually admitting to this is nil.

Then I think "fuck...if I had 42 motherfucking billion liquid...I could change the planet". TODAY

Seriously. Not the way this clown is doing. Imagine having 42 billion liquid.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Speaking as someone who is himself center-left... I applaud any efforts to make SJWs and other radical leftists reveal themselves as the nutcases they truly are. Seriously, they're the equivalent of those inbred, incontinent hillbilly kids who decide that they speak for your entire high school, all while publicly shitting themselves after getting caught trying to smuggle cigarettes into the school. Just replace "high school" with "side of the aisle".

Oerdin

Wrt the melt down of Amazon Employees over the children's book "Johnny the Walrus" becoming the best selling children's book on Amazon.

The Question

Eternal
Wrt the melt down of Amazon Employees over the children's book "Johnny the Walrus" becoming the best selling children's book on Amazon.

It's shameful that adults have so little capacity for emotional control that a book would cause that to happen, essentially, 'in the workplace.'

jack

279276884_428673929304612_6444160033207390608_n.jpg

jack

279304846_428206266018045_1898806699813024626_n.jpg

jack

279345329_10157529770974649_8968633339222149008_n.jpg

The Question

Eternal
This is damned well said.

For years, the left claimed that conservative concerns about Twitter bias were simple paranoia. Now, upon Musk’s takeover, the left has broken into spasms of apoplexy. That wouldn’t happen if they thought Twitter wasn’t their sole property.

jack

It will be very interesting watching the dust settle from this.

Eyes Wide Open.

jack

Imagine that. I think the whole left/right thing is a bit overblown, but we'll see what happens.

Personally I have never used Twitter. When Mannix was alive I had an account. I guess that probably means I still have one.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Imagine that. I think the whole left/right thing is a bit overblown, but we'll see what happens.

Personally I have never used Twitter. When Mannix was alive I had an account. I guess that probably means I still have one.
I signed up for Twitter. Never made one Tweet.

The Question

Eternal

My suspicion (admittedly, there's no proof of this -- yet) is that Twitter knew about, and up until it was noticed and reported in this story, was allowing -- paid botnets to boost left-leaning celebrities and pundits, while shadowbanning right-leaning voices.

They just put a stop to both practices, may even be shitcanning the mechanisms for them so that when Musk takes over, there will be no evidence of those mechanisms for him to make public.

Again, admittedly -- I have no evidence beyond the circumstantial. But that theory does explain what's being reported.

jack

You're probably right about that. This whole segue has opened my mind to a lot of things lately. As in this "division" is largely made up. Both sides are the two sides of the same coin. Which means (to me) that the so called higher ups need to "keep us in our places" to be able to succeed with their intention.

Which is becoming a little more clear every day.