Elon Musk Buys Twitter

The Question

Eternal

Absolute mad lad. :bigass:

This could be Fucking Awesome. Will free speech come to the Twatterverse? It just might! And because it just might, Twatter's stocks just went BOOM.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
That's crazy!

Loktar

Pinata Whacker

Absolute mad lad. :bigass:

This could be Fucking Awesome. Will free speech come to the Twatterverse? It just might! And because it just might, Twatter's stocks just went BOOM.

Just wait until Elon unbans Trump. DOUBLE BOOM. LIKE THE BIGGEST AND BEST BOOM EVER!

jack

Just wait until Elon unbans Trump. DOUBLE BOOM. LIKE THE BIGGEST AND BEST BOOM EVER!

I doubt THAT will ever happen. He's just a stakeholder, he has no real influence on directing the company.

The Question

Eternal
I wouldn't say I doubt that it will ever happen. But if it does happen, it won't happen soon, for the reason Jack just gave. He's currently the single biggest shareholder, but it's only a ~9 or 10% share. Still, the more he invests, the heavier his influence will be.

So, I wouldn't say it'll happen any time soon... but never say never, either.

The Question

Eternal

jack

he made like 8 billion just buying it at the price he paid...the stock rose stupidly after his buy.

The Question

Eternal
he made like 8 billion just buying it at the price he paid...the stock rose stupidly after his buy.
It's almost as if people like the idea of uncensored political opinion, see Elon's investment as a potential pathway to Twitter embracing that, and are all about it.

Personally, I'm too cynical to think there's more than a slim outside chance of that actually coming to fruition. But I guess we'll see.

jack

Well, he's definitely going to be an influence going forward. Anything would be an improvement over Dorsey.

The Question

Eternal
Well, he's definitely going to be an influence going forward. Anything would be an improvement over Dorsey.
Gragrawagrawalaragwalal (or whatever the name is of the Apu who took over) wasn't. Except possibly in the honesty department; Dorsey lied on multiple occasions to run cover for his company's blatantly obvious suppression of conservatives; at least Magagrawalagrawalabingbang doesn't lie about it.

The Question

Eternal
278374478_10159234728222862_6886680300992125851_n.jpg

jack

54.20 a share he offered. That's already a bargain! Closed at 45.08, but watch what happens if they eat the "poison pill" tomorrow. That fucker can produce the 45 billion in cash too.

What a riot.

jack

Here's what I don't get yet. He could've bought every outstanding share today at 45. Guess he doesn't want to gamble for it

jack

Elon Musk has lost his position as Twitter's largest shareholder as he attempts to buy the company in a $43 billion deal.

The Tesla and SpaceX boss said in early April he had become Twitter's largest shareholder, having built a 9.2% stake in the micro-blogging platform.

However, he has now lost the top spot, as asset manager Vanguard Group said in a filing lodged recently with the Securities and Exchange Commission that, as of April 8, its funds now own a 10.3% stake in the company that is worth $3.6 billion based on Friday's close.

The filing shows Vanguard increased its stake in Twitter over the course of the first quarter.

On Thursday, the world's richest man unveiled a $43 billion bid for the entire company, in a take-it-or-leave-it offer.

Musk is still the largest individual shareholder, and Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey is the second largest, but he said on Thursday that he is "not sure" whether his takeover bid will be successful, hours after making the offer.

"I am not sure that I will actually be able to acquire it," Musk said while speaking at the TED2022 conference in Vancouver on Thursday.

Musk said that he had a "Plan B" if his bid was unsuccessful, but did not elaborate on what that would be.

jack

Did you see Gab's offer?

Board seat if he sells his twitter stock and invests 2 bill in the infrastructure. No stock involved. Starlink would be the ISP

Purrrrrrrfect