Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESPN's Olympic Coverage

Number_6

beer, I want beer
So I'm at the gym today, and ESPN is on. I'm on an arc-trainer far enough away from the television that I can't really make out the ESPN logo without squinting.

ESPN is calling its coverage "Rome is Burning."

In the current climate, is that really a wise decision? I saw the "Rome is Burning" title (without knowing I was watching ESPN), and assumed that there'd been a terrorist attack.

Anybody else notice this?

Actually, that's a half-hour talk/news/whatever show by Jim Rome, who is known for burning/flaming/whatever against whatever he thinks is stupid about the sports world.

I actually like the show, as most of the time he's right. He'd make an excellent troll.

Well, he must think the Olympics are stupid, because that's what he was covering today.

I admit to being a geek who rarely watches ESPN.

Not necessarly the Olympics, but something in the Olympics, yeah, probably.

I didn't watch it today, or I would have told you. I slept through "The Peacemaker" on HBO.