Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell to Troll Kingdom!

Ogami

Duty calls, I'm deploying to the Middle East after Thanksgiving, so I'll be leaving TK indefinitely. (Like Sarek, I'll now be able to claim veteran experience, yay!)

TK's been a real treat for me to post what I think and not have some moderator come along and shut me down for a week or month. I still don't understand the Karma system, or why some people post with 1,000 handles, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

You're known by your friends and the enemies you keep, and I am proud on both counts. To my friends here, it's been a pleasure posting with you. To my enemies, thanks for the education on what those on the opposite side of politics are thinking. Both were appreciated, as you are educational either way.

;)

Take care, and enjoy the freedom the soldiers of the United States (and our allies) are fighting to give you every day.

8)

-Ogami

Please be careful. And as soon as you get the chance, let someone know how you're doing... or post here.

Be careful...

;)
mm

Are you sure about that? It's been over 50 years since Germany and Japan were defeated, and we've still got bases in those countries.

And before we "bring the soldiers home" from Iraq and Afghanistan, what about the ones in Bosnia and North Korea? Okinawa? And who knows where else?

I would not be surprised if we maintain bases in the Middle East for another 50 years as well. It's not like that region is going to be peaceful anytime soon, by all accounts. ;)

-Ogami

With the new oversight by the Democratic congress, you'll probably get your supplies faster and more frequently once they get rid of the corrupt and collusionary Repub-crony contractors. So it's likely better that you're going now as opposed to 2 years ago. ;)

Take care of yourself!

Ogami said:
Are you sure about that? It's been over 50 years since Germany and Japan were defeated, and we've still got bases in those countries.

And before we "bring the soldiers home" from Iraq and Afghanistan, what about the ones in Bosnia and North Korea? Okinawa? And who knows where else?

I would not be surprised if we maintain bases in the Middle East for another 50 years as well. It's not like that region is going to be peaceful anytime soon, by all accounts. ;)

-Ogami

The US has soldiers in North Korea? What a dumb fucker you are.

Eggs Mayonnaise said:
With the new oversight by the Democratic congress, you'll probably get your supplies faster and more frequently once they get rid of the corrupt and collusionary Repub-crony contractors. So it's likely better that you're going now as opposed to 2 years ago. ;)

Take care of yourself!
Pelosi will also make sure that Ogami and his outfit are supplied with adequate armor.

Ogami, shoot the fucking piss out of every last thing that moves.

Good luck bro! I will PM you Sareks credit card number so you can have a PS3 to play with.

party on!

Q

Conchaga said:
Bye. You know where you're deploying to? What kind of unit are you in?

If you fly in, you're not landing at a Camp. Normally, you'll land at KIA (ominous name of an airport bringing soldiers into theater, yes?) Kuwaiti International Airport. From there, you'll be shuttled via bus to Camp Arifjan, Camp Buehring, or Camp Virginia. Of course, that's if you're in the Army or Marines. If you're Air Force, you'll be taken to Ali Al Saleem Air Base. If you're Navy, you'll be sent to KNB (Kuwaiti Naval Base) on the coast. From one of those points you'll then move into Iraq, if that's your final destination.

Though, they were trying to change things before I left. It might be that all commercial flights go to Qatar, then you'll transfer to a military flight and be taken to Ali Al Saleem. Either way, you'll sit for a few weeks in one of those five places I mentioned before. Arifjan's the nicest Camp in Kuwait. It's almost like a Post you'd find in the states. They've got a concession area with a Starbucks, Pizza Hut, KFC, Burger King, Taco Bell, Hardee's. There are two giant PX's there. The one in Zone 6 is the best, because across from it is the giant MWR warehouse. Over 30 computers connected to the internet, Phone center, a theater/lounge area with couches, a mini library, instrument rental, and a pool hall. Oh, last thing, behind the zone 1 PX is an Olympic-sized swimming pool. There are only four or five swimming pools in theater. Two are in Kuwait, and the other three are Saddam's old Palaces in Iraq.

Hope this helps.

PS. Kuwait is 100% safe. I never fired a round or got shot at in Kuwait.

Ogami said:
Why can't we invade places like Tahiti or Jamaica???

Because they're too laid back to want war. That, and the giant marijuana growth keeps people from being violent.

Ogami - I will keep you in my thoughts while you are away and pray for your safe return. I hope that you can keep in touch somehow, otherwise I'm going to worry about you.