Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frying an onion

Kefka

I have chosen to combine Greek olive oil with vegetable butter. As I had recently read that the taste for 'savoryness' is most intense when combined with sodium (Tomatoes with salt, for instance) I chose to finish today's meals with a fried onion covered in Adobo.

What you fry your food with is important. When eating raw meat, for instance, I choose olive oil over regular oil, and not fava beans.

It's come out rather well.

A baked onion is nice too. Cut off the ends, core, and peel. Fill the core with butter, wrap the onion in tin foil, and bake until soft. Great with a baked potato, salad, cornbread, and a raw vegetable platter. Also good with a polish sausage: slit the sausage lengthwise and put in a tinfoil boat, pour in enough beer to cover the bottom of the boat, then finish wrapping the sausage in tinfoil - bake it along with the onion and baked potato - about an hour at 350 degrees.

Note: have GasX on hand or sprinkle a little BeanO on the onion before eating. Otherwise, plan on sitting out in the woods for awhile by yourself.