Funny...Jihad fan-boys

This is from a US serviceman serving in the Gulf.

His journal isHERE .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JS Writing Contest Entry
posted 08/24/05 (edited Wednesday, Aug 24, 2005 14:45)
I probably should have put myself into the fiction category, but then this occurred to me and almost wrote itself. Enjoy:

The Revenge of the Jihadi

A few weeks ago, I wrote what I thought was a satirical piece on the similarities between fantasy, SF and comic fans and Jihadis. Apparently, I touched a nerve. This came to me through some highly unofficial channels, but fortunately, I’m in a pretty well-defended place.

Transcript of conference call between several highly placed Al Qaeda operatives. Security Classification: Unclassified. No restriction to dissemnation.

Analysis notes:

1. Positive identification of Ayman Al Zawahiri, Osama Bin Laden’s deputy, is confirmed, 90% probability.

2. Identification of others remains inconclusive.

Start Transcript:

ZAWAHIRI: Is everyone on?

UNIDENTIFIED#1: I’m here

UNIDENTIFIED#2: Peace be upon you. I am here.

UNIDENTIFIED#3: Can you hear me?

ZAWAHIRI: Yes. Good. I’ve called you because Osama, Peace Be Upon Him, has read a disturbing item and we must take action. You have all read the column by the infidel who calls himself, “Odysseus?â€

UNIDENTIFIED#1: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED#2: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED#3: The fanboy thing? Yes.

ZAWAHIRI: Osama feels that he has defamed us, and defamed the true faith. He feels that we must draft a Fatwa.

UNIDENTIFIED#1: For that?

ZAWAHIRI: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED#2: Come on. That’s a lot of work for one lousy column. It’s not like anyone rioted over it.

ZAWAHIRI: Yes, still…

UNIDENTIFIED#2: I kind of liked it.

ALL: What?

UNIDENTIFIED#2: Well, yeah. I mean, think about it. Beards. Living at home. It was kind of funny, you know, that on a superficial level, their fanboys look like us.

ZAWAHIRI: We are not Fanboys! It is an insult! For an infidel to compare the Green Lantern Oath to the Qur’an is an outrage!

UNIDENTIFIED#1: Which oath?

ZAWAHIRI: Green Lantern…

UNIDENTIFIED#1: No, I mean the original one or the silver age one? Was it the one that goes, “In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight…â€

ZAWAHIRI: It doesn’t matter which one! It’s still blasphemy.

UNIDENTIFIED#2: Yeah, but there’s blasphemy and there’s blasphemy. It’s better than the new Green Lantern.

UNIDENTIFIED#1: Agreed. Kyle Raynor sucks. They need to bring back Hal Jordan.

ZAWAHIRI: This is beside the point. Our honor has been insulted.

UNIDENTIFIED#3: True. We cannot be compared to American fanboys. It will shame us in the eyes of the Ummah. No one will take us seriously.

UNIDENTIFIED#1: They take Joss Whedon seriously.

UNIDENTIFIED#3: Please. When Firefly tanked, they tossed him faster than you can say “Shazam.†He’s writing an X-Men comic now, for Allah’s sake.

UNIDENTIFIED#2: Yeah, but have you read it? It’s better than what Claremont’s doing lately.

UNIDENTIFIED#3: What isn’t?

ZAWAHIRI: I cannot believe what I am hearing! You have let the decadent culture of the crusaders corrupt you!

UNIDENTIFIED#3: Oh, like you haven’t seen Episode I twenty times.

ZAWAHIRI: That’s different. We must know enough about the infidel culture to destroy it. I take no pleasure in it.

UNIDENTIFIED#3: Oh, right! Who used the Jedi mind trick to get past a US Army checkpoint?

UNIDENTIFIED#2: What? No way!

UNIDENTIFIED#3: It was sooo cool. They had us stopped, and Ayman waves his hand at the MP and says, “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.â€

UNIDENTIFIED#2: What did he do?

UNIDENTIFIED#3: That was the best part. The MP almost cracked up, and then he said, “These aren’t the droids that we’re looking for.†Then he waved us through.

UNIDENTIFIED#2: That’s awesome.

ZAWAHIRI: Well, yeah, but it proves my point. I knew enough to use their culture against them. It was like when Kirk dressed up as a Romulan to infiltrate their ship. It wouldn’t have worked without the pointed ears.

UNIDENTIFIED#2: Which one was that?

UNIDENTIFIED#3: The one with the hot Romulan commander babe.

UNIDENTIFIED#2: I’m more into the Next Generation.

UNIDENTIFIED#1: [unintelligible]

UNIDENTIFIED#2: [unintelligible].

UNIDENTIFIED#3: Oh please. Kirk would so kick Picard’s ass….

UNIDENTIFIED#2: [unintelligible].

ZAWAHIRI: Enough! Are we going to do this or not? Osama has said…

UNIDENTIFIED#1: “Osama has said…†Right. Osama doesn’t read blogs. He spends all of his online time downloading “previews†of his 72 virgins, except for when he’s in the Buffy chat rooms.

ZAWAHIRI: That’s how he found out about it. He was mortified. Allyson Hannigan was laughing at him. We must take action.

UNIDENTIFIED#3: “Willow†laughed at him? At least it wasn’t Xander.

UNIDENTIFIED#1: Yeah, really. Remember when she became a vampire? I’d take her for a wife.

UNIDENTIFIED#3: Even with the whole “Tara†thing?

UNIDENTIFIED#1: Yeah! What’s the point of having two wives otherwise?

ALL: [Laughter, hooting noises]

ZAWAHIRI: Can we get back to the Fatwa?

UNIDENTIFIED#3: A Fatwa is so lame. Those things never work. Hello? Salman Rushdie, anyone? And why does this guy rate one? You wouldn’t let me put out a Fatwa on George Lucas after Phantom Menace. I waited in line for four days for that piece of crap! If Jar-Jar doesn’t earn you the just and righteous wrath of Allah, nothing should.

UNIDENTIFIED#2: I thought that Jar-Jar was kind of funny.

ALL: What?

UNIDENTIFIED#2: I said, I thought that Jar-Jar was kind of funny.

UNIDENTIFIED#3: Okay, that’s it! I want a Fatwa on you.

ZAWAHIRI: [unintelligible]

End Transcript

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
It could use more pictures of attractive topless ladies, but other than that, I did chuckle.

OR DID I?

Shatna

SOINT PLUT!
New comic is up, Toast. :D

Where? Don't Tease.

-SB