Geek Chronicles

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The new drives and the cloning kit arrived with no probs. So far the only worry is that a handful of sectors have been unreadable on the source disk. Hopefully it's nothing too important, I am pressing on.
Sigh. I just had to run CHKDSK/r. 3 hours later, 44% completed. But at least it's confirming what I suspected, that the bad sectors involve some MP3s in my iTunes folder. I've always had problems trying to backup those 18,000 songs to an external.

I'm replacing my laptop's 250GB HD with a 500GB drive. Cloning via Apricorn EZ Upgrade, which is working quite smoothly so far.

After this, I'm also replacing the DVD drive, which will take all of 45 seconds.

Sigh. I just had to run CHKDSK/r. 3 hours later, 44% completed. But at least it's confirming what I suspected, that the bad sectors involve some MP3s in my iTunes folder. I've always had problems trying to backup those 18,000 songs to an external.

I'm replacing my laptop's 250GB HD with a 500GB drive. Cloning via Apricorn EZ Upgrade, which is working quite smoothly so far.

After this, I'm also replacing the DVD drive, which will take all of 45 seconds.

I've had the exact same thing with iTunes. I still haven't bothered to get anyone to put Windows 7 on my system after the monumental cock up of last time.

CHKDSK sped up right after my last post, LOL. It's done, cloning in process. Maybe I won't have to wait till I wake up to install it after all...

(I'm usually up at 4:30AM, what can I say)

That's a conservative estimate, BTW. ;)

Installations appear to be a success! I can now rip and download and install suites in the luxurious manner in which I've become accustomed. Also I may have put off my need to buy a new machine for a few months, knock wood.

OK, someone else's turn to geek...

Back