Generations of TK posters

Grandtheftcow

Grand Wizard of TK
Might as well make this forum the one to discuss TK’s history.

All right that’s work out how many generations of TK posters there are and list some of the notable members we picked up as a result.

A generation is generally when TK gains a large number of members or is revitalized by a large event in its history, such as a board invasion.

First Generation: The Troll Kingdom Ezboard started by Red Whacker and RobL. The board came to an end when Red Whacker deleted it piece by piece. For a brief period afterwards there were two ezboards Dark Kingdom and Troll Kingdom 2 both were attempting to keep the TK name alive.

Second Generation: Missmanners purchases (PHPBB?) board software and brings the two spin off Ezboards together. TK gains members from primarily TrekBBS some notable events include the mass perma bans of TK members and the censoring of the Troll Kingdom name on TrekBBS.

Third Generation: Includes the Stardestroyer.net run in and the collapse of SlipstreamBBS. It’s been mentioned that before the Stardestroyer.net meet up members had begun complaining about TK becoming stagnant.

Forth Generation: Members who joined during 2004. During this time small scale trolling campaigns are carried out primarily by a Troll Kingdom proxy board named The Infernal Garrison (later named Troller’s Gill) joining members come from many different boards over the course of the year.

Fifth Generation: Includes the Comicon run in, the newly arrived members from ExIsle, the Bugie.net members, as well as various other members who have been picked over the course of 2005.

Since I’d be a forth generation member my knowledge of TKs history only comes from my own research and as a result I can’t recall important posters from previous generations.

Shatna

SOINT PLUT!
We are currently in the "Shatna Era". :D

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think I joined the EZBoard as CaptainWacky in February 2002. I had a username before then (can't remember what it was though) but I hardly used it if at all.

Caitriona

Something Wicked
I'm a third generation TK'er. Although I came over here shortly before the SS collapse. I migrated here when Decker and a few others were summarily permabanned from SS before they ever even posted. I joined TK in November of 2002 and SS collapsed in January of 2003.

Yes, I was outraged as only a naive SS'er can/could be about Lisa/Christian. I had never gone to TrekBBS and knew nothing of the permabans that had occurred there. In fact when I arrived here, for a while, I couldn't even follow the threads about TrekBBS. I suppose I caught on fast enough, and then of course the SS OQ threads were leaked and SS went down for good.

Ah good times!! ;) [and a little perspective.. ]

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
I'm in between I believe third and fourth generation. My friend Retrotrek was a member of WilliamShatner.com and TBBS, she found TK through them. Retro would link posts she wrote to me but the links would never work so finally I just joined. When I first got here people were fucking horribly mean but so am I so it didn't bother me.

GTC, you forgot the creation of WordForge. No worries though, it's an event easily forgotten, much like the site itself.

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
Grandtheftcow said:
Fifth Generation: Includes the Comicon run in

Run in? Try "hostile sleepover", vaca de grande robo!

Still, nice little recap there.

The Question

Eternal
I guess I'm a third-generation TKer too since I came here and stayed during/after the SD.Net thing. :D

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
I'm somewhere between 3rd and 4th generation. I got BDM to start posting on TBBS, then he found this site following women around.

TKers-are-shit

DLA Spokestoad
We're currently in the DLA generation. A time of great change which will be written about and spoken of for generations to come...

Grandtheftcow

Grand Wizard of TK
Laker_Girl said:
GTC, you forgot the creation of WordForge. No worries though, it's an event easily forgotten, much like the site itself.

Did Wordforge ever have an effect on TK though? I know a few of their members used to post here.

Jethro

Rebel
I was a mod or admin at Trekbbs during the first generation of TK. Therefore, as all trekbbs mods throughout the ages, I had an account there.

I started posting with this account during the second generation, I believe.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'm a fifth generation ex comiconer. But for awhile, that board was mine. The Gutters was after all, created in my image.

I came here because Manners and Dan are quite simply put two of the most intelligent personalities I've ever had the pleasure to meet on the internet.

Oh yes, and because I was permabanned for all time from Comicon, and needed a safe refuge, which was granted to me by this wonderful group of folks.

BlazerBoy

Guess I'm a First Generation also. I wonder how many times in total I've left TK forever during each individual generation? :D

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Second Generation: Missmanners purchases (PHPBB?)
vBulletin
board software and brings the two spin off Ezboards together. TK gains members from primarily TrekBBS some notable events include the mass perma bans of TK members and the censoring of the Troll Kingdom name on TrekBBS.
That was already happening in the EZ phase as well. sort of an ongoing 1st/2nd gen catalyst...

Me = First Generation lurker, Second Generation active member.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
Jethro said:
I was a mod or admin at Trekbbs during the first generation of TK. Therefore, as all trekbbs mods throughout the ages, I had an account there.

I started posting with this account during the second generation, I believe.

You started posting when Bill Scott turned us in to the FBI .....

I'm not really first generation... unless you consider first to be when the ezboard still had pop-ups.

:D
mm

WordInterrupted

Troll Kingdom Ambassador
I'd be first generation under that scheme, although like missmanners I came along after the board had been founded.

TK gains members from primarily TrekBBS some notable events include the mass perma bans of TK members and the censoring of the Troll Kingdom name on TrekBBS.

If by "mass permabans" you're refering to the rash of permabans that lead up to the May 5th massacre, that happened during the first generation.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
^ That's what I was getting at as well, I didn't have any dates handy.