Goons vs. STO carebears

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I've been reading this hilarious thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=125823 even though I don't play Star Trek Online. Apparently the goons tricked a bunch of Klingons into coming onto their ship's bridge where they trapped them into a die-respawn-die loop. The carebears are raging, of course, the thread is already over 100 pages.

[YOUTUBE]swB-CbSZZdw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ugYRV1-7OvU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]D3mhXgOGivU[/YOUTUBE]

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Best rant in the thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=2251072&postcount=1172

I'll tell you why people are upset about it. It is because what we are dealing with here is some seriously mentally disturbed people. Don't think so? Allow me to summarise:

If you heard a tale about someone who deliberately behaved in an antisocial manner, who then posted videos online gloating about it, who then hunted down info on someone who had complained about it and posted that information publicly against their wishes, as well as handing the information out to others of a similar ilk, so they could do the same. Then, continued the tirade by getting hold of a photograph of the person and defacing that too (also an illegal act), whilst sending threatening messages to that person too. And all this from the comfortably-imagined safety of hiding behind the distance and anonymity of the internet. Would you regard this as the behaviour of a normal, well adjusted social group? A group you wanted to be a part of an activity you enjoy and have paid to take part in? Moreover, would you be at all surprised if someone then complained about it to the authorities if they had been targeted in such a way?

These people are a menace, plain and simple, and if any one of them had to endure what they delight in dishing out, they'd be crying like a baby in seconds, because they have no guts at all, and prefer to combine in a sad little group to bolster their failed bravado, so they can pick on other people and spoil the fun of those who simply want to enjoy an online video game.

But you won't find me crying, what you will find is me doing my best to stop this kind of thing from continuing, and it is a measure of how gutless these people are that in observing someone stand up against them , they are doing there best to stop me, by descending further into their childish pack mentality which centres around rather uninventive attempts to insult me. Their attempts have not worked, despite this going on for well over 100 pages. So unfortunately for them, the best they can muster is a long way from being good enough.

Even so, you can fully expect another round of childish taunts, stupid and defamatory behaviour to follow this post, which will only serve to emphasise the point even further. They are nothing if not predictable, and if I choose not to be bothered by their limited arsenal, then it is a demonstration of how truly powerless they really are when people stand up to them. You will find this to be the case with all people who behave like bullies, whether in the playground, or any other walk of life. They are, as we know, quite evidently cowards.

The fact that it is a video game at the heart of the matter is relevant, but what is more relevant, is that people like this, who think it is okay to indulge in this kind of behaviour, and band together to do it because they are cowards, have quite ably demonstrated that they have some serious social issues along with a serious lack of any moral fibre, and that is why they should be prevented from doing this kind of thing.

We can stand by and let this kind of thing happen, or we can choose to do something about it. We already know how gutless the people are who group together and indulge in this sort of activity are, and we know that they don't care about rules in STO's EULA, or rules of this forum, or indeed the law.

You can be a mindless and cowardly sheep and follow this crowd, or you can stand by and let it happen, or, you can demonstrate that you have a pair, and choose to do something about it. And make no mistake, if you actually like playing the video game that this centers around, then you ought to be prepared to do something to stop it from descending into becoming the plaything of childish, cowardly, social cripples.

You can change the game and make it better by driving off these people, but you'll have to stand up for what you want and have broad enough shoulders to take the childish taunts of these idiots, yet if you do, you'll have a better game. So, if you are not a coward, then here's a question for you....

Do you want to boldly go, or just play at it?

This guy claims to have contacted the FBI.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I've only gotten ten pages in and I don't play online games, but I'm laughing my ass off. These guys are epic. "skinmeister" and "Swissknight" are killing me. Good read, thanks!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
All that makes me wish I played online games.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
All that makes me wish I played online games.

Makes me glad I don't. I more than likely would have been one of the butthurt victims whose enjoyment of the game is probably forever ruined by assholes who took their gloating way too far.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
I've been reading this hilarious thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=125823 even though I don't play Star Trek "Mugen". Apparently the goons tricked a bunch of Space Cavemen dweebs into coming onto their ship's bridge where they trapped them into a die-respawn-die loop. The carebares are raging, of course, the thread is already over 100 pages.

[YOUTUBE]swB-CbSZZdw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ugYRV1-7OvU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]D3mhXgOGivU[/YOUTUBE]

Talk about cliche caricature Star Trek geeks clearly trapped, & suffocating, in their mum's closet.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
What's funny is that apparently these goofs could have simply logged off and reset their game within minutes to escape the "trap" but many just kept coming back to life and getting killed over, and over, and over...lol pwned.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
What's funny is that apparently these goofs could have simply logged off and reset their game within minutes to escape the "trap" but many just kept coming back to life and getting killed over, and over, and over...lol pwned.

were they aware of that fact? wouldn't they lose valuable game progress when resetting? They definitely took it too far with posting the victim's personal info.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Whose personal info was posted? The guy claiming he filed a complaint with the FBI posted the link to his employers website himself, then he got mad because some of them started shopping his avatar.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Whose personal info was posted? The guy claiming he filed a complaint with the FBI posted the link to his employers website himself, then he got mad because some of them started shopping his avatar.

Idk....I'll have to re-read it. Just don't like the fact that it seems people seem to be supporting the asshole bullies rather than the victims of the malicious prank. I'd be pissed/butthurt too if resetting the game meant losing all my saved progress. I'm ashamed for humanity that noone came to their aid and said "just log out and reset game" and instead left them to die and respawn over and over.

Ishcabittle

apparently there was no loss of experience, credits, whatever, all anyone needed to do was to "switch instances" which i guess is akin to changing servers. so yeah, they very quickly could have ended it themselves but chose to stick around and die a lot.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
apparently there was no loss of experience, credits, whatever, all anyone needed to do was to "switch instances" which i guess is akin to changing servers. so yeah, they very quickly could have ended it themselves but chose to stick around and die a lot.

oh well then...fuck those loser noobs....they got what they deserved...ROFLMAO!

Donovan

beer, I want beer
The other thing is, from what I understand, the whole prank was predicated on sending out random invitations to people telling them to beam aboard for valuable prizes. If I understand, Klingon characters aren't really supposed to go to federation ships because they're the enemy or something, so basically the prank only worked on people who were greedy for a cheat. Kinda like the people who fall for the Nigerian Prince Email...if you're that stupide, you deserve to catch a phaser up your ass lol.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I remember seeing one of these pranks from World of Warcraft once, when a bunch of players found out one of their own had died they set up an in-game tribute where everyone was supposed to gather sans weapons. They posted the plan on a huge community messboard, then the event was ambushed by guys who blasted everyone to smithereens. Video game massacre lol.

Fucked up but the video was hilarious, and the butthurt that followed was as funny as this one.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I play an online game, but we don't do shit like this.

Remarkable.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I play an online game, but we don't do shit like this.

Remarkable.

Oh I expect even in your game there are a couple of jokers who band together to cause trouble. It's inevitable. Kinda like trolls.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Here's the World of Warcraft video, sorry if you've seen it but it's pretty funny. There's a synopsis up front to catch you up and set up the prank...
[YOUTUBE]IHJVolaC8pw[/YOUTUBE]

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Here's another WoW story, told to me by a friend who plays a lot.

Apparently, there's a city filled with mostly noobs. Some ridiculously high-level characters baited a big, bad monster across most of a continent, leading it to that city. Where the big bad monster proceeded to kill hundreds of noobs for hours. It took the intervention of WoW mods to rid the city of the monster.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Here's another WoW story, told to me by a friend who plays a lot.

Apparently, there's a city filled with mostly noobs. Some ridiculously high-level characters baited a big, bad monster across most of a continent, leading it to that city. Where the big bad monster proceeded to kill hundreds of noobs for hours. It took the intervention of WoW mods to rid the city of the monster.

Oh that's messed up and funny as hell.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
Damn, that's fucking funny.