Haven compliments my intelligence

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
When you think about it, if a show is too easy to figure out and you know what's going on before the characters do the writer isn't insulting your intelligence. The show is aimed at appealing to a certain audience, and you are clearly smarter than that audience. So, it's a compliment.

Haven has been very complimentary lately. I think it's courting me.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Complement and compliment should not both be words. One must die.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'd like to see you come over to Haven and say that!

StringTheorist

My previous title sucked.
When you think about it, if a show is too easy to figure out and you know what's going on before the characters do the writer isn't insulting your intelligence. The show is aimed at appealing to a certain audience, and you are clearly smarter than that audience. So, it's a compliment.

Unfortunately, the target audience are retards. But anyway, most people are retards. So it's still very good for you to know that you aren't a retard.

Most movies can be very easily predicted - all of those "high-budged Hollywood popular movies" - are meant just for the profit and the target audience are average people (which are retards). But predictability isn't where it stops. The characters' personalities are built in a retarded, unrealistic way and stereotypical way, that corresponds to the typical retards' vision on the world. For example, if someone wins something, it makes him a "winner", even if he won only by luck.

Basically, if you see that kind of stuff in popular, commercial stuff, it doesn't mean that you're genius, it means you're not retarded.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I started out liking Haven, the pilot wasn't too bad.. but now I can barely pay attention to it. I've decided to watch it one more time before quitting. I don't like dumb plots, and the "trouble" of the week is getting on my nerves. I wouldn't mind so much if they'd advance whatshername's storyline about finding her mother a little more, because that is really the only interesting thing about the show.

I wonder if the guy who can't feel anything even masturbates.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I can't feel anything and I masturbate.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Well he has that thing where he can't feel physical pain, so I figured if he can't feel pain then he shouldn't be able to feel MIND BLOWING PLEASURE either. FAP FAP FAP.