Haven't had a cigarette since yesterday afternoon

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
MUST. NOT. KILL. PEOPLE.

I can't stop shaking my leg like some crack addict, either. ARGH I HATE TRYING TO QUIT BUT I KNOW I MUST I MUST I MUST

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
It's worth it, I had to have patches and some small Indonesian boys to kill occasionally. However the patches helped more and were less messy.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
YOU CAN DO IT! I quit 20 years ago and never looked back.

YOU CAN DO IT!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It must suck for the people who finally manage to quit smoking then wake up the next day and their feet have fallen off due to an unrelated medical problem.

Tisiphone

Well, I think going cold turkey is wrong.

I smoke more at work than I do at home (I have such massive downtime it gives me something to do). And also, I've only been smoking for a year, so this isn't like some decade long struggle I've dealt with.

But slowly it will get done.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
YOU CAN DO IT TISIPHONE!

You could try switching to those electronic cigs, maybe. I DONT' KNOW.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
DO IT!!!

then, with the money you save, you can go to sex clubs and put dollar bills in hunky mens' g-strings!!!

or maybe that's just my idea of a good time.

curiousa2z

with the money you save you can get men all liquored up and have your evil way with them!!!

curiousa2z

with the money you save you can buy a pair of kinky red boots!

curiousa2z

also, you want to stop before you end up with those nasty wrinkles around the lips that smokers have.

Tisiphone

Well, I did better than I thought I would yesterday. Only had six of em. (Yes, I caved). Slowly, slowly weaning myself off of them. Work will be my biggest challenge. Trying not to smoke after every show. BUT I AM DETERMINED TO SEE THIS THROUGH THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT MFERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

curiousa2z

do you ever chew gum? maybe that might help as a substitute?

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Going cold turkey is the only way I can manage to stop (not forever, though, I have my relapses once in a while, every three or four years on average). When I go cold turkey, I will suffer about two or three days, then all it takes is to remind myself that no, I am quitting, so buying a pack won't do. By reducing the no. of cigarettes over a period of time, all I accomplish is that I will crave more for weeks on end, and the fight to finally stop altogether will be just as hard as on day one. Just my experience, ymmv.

Mirah

I love you
I am so glad to not have this habbit. I think I got lucky, when I had surgery a couple years ago I had not choice, I couldn't smoke, and was on tons of pain meds-so I think it just happened.
Occasionaly I would have one every couple of months, but feel like crap after. So I just don't do it now.
You can do it Tis!!!!!!!!!!!
Also it helps to not be around it.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I personally would not try Champix.

Having had the odd "episode" the idea of taking anything that might alter my psychological make up scares the shit out of me. I would rather not take drug B to beat my addiction of Drug A. Especially when there are incidences of suicidal feelings with it.

and it's fucking Pfizer, why not just give your money to BP?