Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henry Winkler AKA Fonzie

That's my husband. Henry Winkler is his hero. Observe the Arnold's diorama he built a few months ago:

I figured, I was just going for the easy joke. How come Fonzie doll doesn't have a couple chicks on his arm?

BradyBunch_Web_Group.jpg

Telling me these broads wouldn't have liked a piece of kosher Italian sausage? I think so...

You guys should produce your own little "Robot Chicken" type show on leased access.

I saw Henry Winkler host a pharmaceutical-industry-backed benefit concert for heart disease featuring a bunch of fogey bands (what's left of the Doobie Brothers, the children and carcasses of the Mamas & Papas) about a decade ago, and thought he was hitting bottom. In between acts, he would make lame jokes and wag his finger about clogging your arteries. I could almost see his Maalox mustache from the loge section.

Then he appeared on Arrested Development, and all was forgiven.

He was promoting the his latest children's book. Hank Zipzer #17: A Brand New Me. I read it before the signing and found the characterizations to be astute, but overall it wasn't really my kind of book. I prefer Gordon Korman. His message was very positive; he talked about his parents and teachers, and the disheartening future they predicted for him, and how now he has accomplished so much. I'm glad to see him sending such a positive message to kids.

I watched that episode last weekend, the funny thing is that even Fonzie thought it was a stupid idea.

Too bad you didn't think to ask Winkler what he thought of that episode becoming synonymous with terminal fail. It is immortality, of a sort I guess.

:jts:

If you Google, you'd see that he gets asked about it in almost every interview he does.
EW: And, of course, the Fonz is also known for the phrase ''jump the shark.''

Winkler: ''Jump the shark,'' to me, is America. A guy comes up with a phrase. Whether or not it is true, whether or not it actually means anything to anybody, he got a book out of it, he got a board game out of it. We're talking about it today all these days later. Every time that they talk about ''jump the shark'' in the newspaper, they always show a picture of me — and I had really good legs at that time. Also, I am, truly, the only actor on the Earth who has jumped the shark twice. Once on Arrested Development, I jumped the shark.
[YOUTUBE]4jm6B31HKBw[/YOUTUBE]​

Oddly enough I had never seen this. Good that he has a sense of humor about it, not like that old bitch Nimoy who whined about being pigeonholed as Spock for so many years. Price of fame I guess.

O n a side note, I completely missed the Arrested Development bandwagon, must have been during one of those "no tv" times in my life. Maybe a trip to the library is in order...