Here's One RobL...

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
...or anyone else, for that matter.

othercamp6.jpg

We're having an argument over at The Fuselage (an official board dedicated to Lost) about what sort of weapon these two are holding. What do you think?

I say it's definitely an M-14.

CoyoteUgly said:
...or anyone else, for that matter.

othercamp6.jpg

We're having an argument over at The Fuselage (an official board dedicated to Lost) about what sort of weapon these two are holding. What do you think?

I say it's definitely an M-14.

That's a tough call, IMO. The weapon on the right definitely matches A Karas's linked schematic, but the weapon on the left doesn't -- the top of the forestock doesn't match the weapon on the right, from what I can tell. I'd say the weapon on the left is a repro M1 Garand modified to take an external magazine. Then again, since the M1, M14 and M1A Scout are all basically the same damn weapon, it's hard to call it.

Not a scout...look at the shortened barrel on the scout, as opposed to the longer barrel leading up to the flash suppressor on the end.

Also note that the M1 has a gas cylinder extending the length of the barrel, wheras on the weapons in question the gas cylinder stops short. Not an M1 then.

I stick by the standard M14.

With the way the picture looks, the guy on the left doesn't look like he is pointing that rifle in a safe direction. The guy on the right better get out of the way, or he could lose a knee cap there.

I doubt the weapons are even loaded...storywise, I mean...the setup was to give the illusion of a primitive camp. Most of the people are scientists.

Not very bright scientists if they are "Lost", and can't point a rifle in a safe direction. :bigass: I don't watch the show, so I wouldn't really know how smart they really are.

A Karas said:
Not very bright scientists if they are "Lost", and can't point a rifle in a safe direction. :bigass: I don't watch the show, so I wouldn't really know how smart they really are.

Let me repeat and rephrase: it's a staged scene to appear as if they are living in primitive conditions when they really aren't.

Fuck, the guy they're looking at was captured with a bola.

Back