Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am watching The Prisoner for the first time!

• Thread starter Thread starter Cloudy
  • Start date Start date
C

Cloudy

one of those shows I ALWAYS wanted to see but the opportunity never arose. I've managed to borrow the DVD set and seen the first few episodes - it's great so far, oh, and the theme tune rocks!

Fun for you!

I remember watching The Prisoner for the first time. Subsequent viewings are enlightening, but there's nothing like watching it unfold for the first time.

Post some of your responses. Particularly when you get to "Fallout." There's a mind-fuck for you.

Be seeing you.

I'm up to 'the schizoid man' so far... I thought the end of 'AB and C' was one of the best moments yet.

I'm not holding out for any clear explanations or resolutions, so I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

and i'm starting to use 'Be Seeing you!' all the time now ...:lol:

Yeah, looks like McGoohan needs to do an SNL sketch. "It's just a TV show! Get a life!"

Still, I wouldn't mind going to the convention in Portmeirion.

Yeah, there are work-weeks when I think that the Village wouldn't be such a bad deal.

"Why did you resign?"

"Because my students were driving me insane."

"Okay. Here's a free apartment, complete with cleaning service, and here's your credit card for anything you might need."

"Great. Where's the pool?"

Sometimes I wish I could send my kids to The Village. Or permanent time out.

I did do that once, on a bad day. Sent a kid to time out. When he asked how long he would be there, I said, "Forever".

Of course, I got all professionally teachery after that, and restored his self esteem.

But that initial look on his face was priceless! :lol:

number-2-giant-phone.jpg

ORANGE ALERT! ORANGE ALERT!

The General:

I enjoyed this ep, but I thought that the unanswerable question at the end would have been 'why did I resign?' rather than just 'why?'

was it in his contract for McGoohan to get knocked unconcious at least once every episode? :lol:

just saw 'Many happy returns' ....

:bigass: wonderful episode!.... but how could number 6 be so naive!?!?!? why, WHY did he get into that plane at the end?

He should, by now, be savvy to how 'the administration' operates and have been more suspicious and cautious, I thought anyway. ... I'm not sure what the whole point of the operation was though, because they didn't seem that bothered about discovering why he resigned.

Maybe it was just a birthday treat...to torture him.... :eek:

the 'reconstruction' of the opening credit sequence was COOL! :D

I've always known what the show was about, but I never saw it.

I've only seen the last episode, and let me say, it was awesome! If the rest of the show is as great as the ending, then I really, really need to see it.