I hate people who say the plot of Phantom Menace was "too complicated"

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
DURR, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD POLITICS IN A STAR TREK MOVIE, DURR, "TAXATION OF TRADE ROUTES," DURR, THAT'S BORING, DURR DURR DURR.

IT WAS IMPORTANT TO SHOW HOW THE GALACTIC SENATE WORKS TO SET UP THE OTHER MOVIES AND SHOW PALPATINE'S RISE TO POWER, AND JUST BECAUSE THE WORDS "TAXATION OF TRADE ROUTES" APPEAR IN THE OPENING SCROLL DOESN'T MEAN THE MOVIE'S "TOO COMPLICATE" YOU FUCKTARDS, IF YOU COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THE STORY OF PHANTOM MENACE THEN YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY RETARDED AND I KNOW A LITTLE SOMETHINGA BOUT BEING RETARDED, SO FUCK YOU.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It's not that it was "too complicated", it's just it jumps from "wacky kids movie with Jar-Jar and gungans and YIPPEE" to trading embargos, tax routes, bloackades and political buesiness in a very jarring way, to the point where it's like two different films edited together.

It does very sudden tonal shifts that just didn't flow, and anyone watching the first sections suddenly get bored when everyone talks about taxes, and everyone concentaiting on the political side of things gets annoyed when there's an 8 year old in a starfighter saying "OOOOOPS".

CaptainWacky

WELL I DIDN'T MIND.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, and I hate them.

WillsZenith

a treat for missmanners
sw-podracer.jpg

Yay!

Jar-Jar-Binks-Poster-Card-C10227315.jpeg

gay!

e7135759-0827-4e53-9820-461f365ebe81_villains-DarthMaul.jpg

Yay!

Gunray_eu_bg.jpg

Go away!

CaptainWacky

Hey, Nute Gunray was cool (though moreso in AOTC.)