I hope Scotty's handled better in the next movie

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Let's not pretend he was entirely satisfying in Star Trek (2009) just because we like Simon Pegg.

ToeRag

Fucked Bunny
wow, was simon pegg really scotty ?

at last a reason to watch this tired formula

<< spaced >>

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I liked his little lizardy friend!

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
NO I SHALL STAND UP FOR SIMON HE WAS GREAT AND WILL GET BETTER IN THE FULLNESS OF THE SPACE TIME CONTINUUM.

CaptainWacky

I don't think there's anything wrong with Simon Pegg playing Scott AS SUCH, but when he's spoiling tense dramatic scenes by saying "I like this ship, it's exciting!" at the end, THEN WE GOT A PROBLEM! (Good line for trailers though.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Mmm, it wasn't his acting or appearance that was bad, it was just that someone decided Scotty had to be the comic relief throughout, which ended up feeling a little patronising and didn't match up with the character we were all familiar with. Sure, in TOS, Scotty occasionally got drunk or cracked a one liner, but he could still be sober and professional. He was never a hairbrained, immature manchild. Even in the movies he only did two or three stupid things over the series.

CaptainWacky

Right, Scotty was funny in a kind of twinkle in the eye "aye, i cannia make heads nor tails of lassies, captain!" way, not in a "gets transported inside a big water pipe leading to DEADLY GEARS which the Enterprise has for some reason, LUCKY THERE'S A RELEASE MECHANISM THAT JUST DROPS WATER ALL OVER THE FLOOR!" way. And Chekov already had the compic relief covered.

BUT HE WASN'T THAT BAD, I JUST WANT HIM TO INTERACT MORE LIKE A HUMAN NEXT TIME.

Robert "Monkey" Loggia

Mongoloid Biscuit Beast
I liked him just fine.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Series Scotty worked on starships all his life, doing the job he loved forever.

Movie Scotty was stuck for years on a frozen hell hole with only a mute midget raisin and a tribble for company, it might go some way to explain how this one was a little nutty.

CaptainWacky

SIMON PEGG WOUDLN'T MAKE EXCUSES FOR JAR JAR