I was so bored today I went, and watched balls of fury.

Dershocka

dershocka
The theater was air-conditioned, and outside was hot. That was the highlight.

I chuckled a few times, but I could've went without seeing it, ever.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I missed that one, I guess. I watched Ed Gein and Dead Clowns today. Gein was depressing, CLOWNS WAS FUCKING GREAT

jack

It would be fun to see a movie with you, Bad Dog.

jack

I wanted more skinsuit action, personally. He didn't even dig his mom up.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
bad dog said:
Transformers was bad ass, We saw it at the drive in. Its nice to smoke and drink at the movies on a cool summer night.

I thought it was pretty bad. My kid fell asleep during the action sequences, that makes a pretty bad movie if it can't keep a nine-year-old awake...

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
I saw Transformers last night. I didn't like it. They could have removed the teens from the movie entirely and it would have been all right. That's the mistake with these movies, they put teens in main roles to make it hip for the audience but all it does is date the movie and in ten years we'll be looking back at this and it'll have the "cool factor" of Masters of the Universe. Why did John Turturro agree to be in this? Optimus Prime made me smile; I really liked the almost-homage to Frankenstein when he came out of the pool and the little girl was there; I wish they'd played that up more. What an iconic figure he is! I had no interest whatsoever in any of the other Autobots, and the only Decepticons I liked watching were Starscream and Megatron. Of course. Did we ever get to see what Megatron turns into? I don't remember seeing him transform.

The absolute worst story/plot point was when they explained how all of our modern technology was reverse-engineered from Megatron; and then less than 30 minutes later explain how Megatron came to Earth with the intent of using Earth's technology to enslave/destroy it. Huh? Pre-electronic age technology?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Transformers was exactly what I expected from Michael Bay--nothing less and nothing more. :cylon:

I really sorta wanted to see that "Balls of Fury"--the commercials do a good job making it look entertaining. But I read a lousy review of it. And then I saw an ad for it that had one (probably creatively edited) positive review from like, the Podunk Farm Advertiser or Y! Online.com or something and assorted copy formatted EXACTLY like the blurb to make it look like more than one obscure source liked the movie. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.