If you let a banned poster use your active account to post is that against the rules?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'm curious about that.... say TQ wanted to post here again and I let him use my account to do so, would that break the rules?

Strictly hypothetical.

Last edited:

Seph

Resurrected Account
Staff member
I mean sure id think that hypothetically *you* hypothetically of course would be helping someone who has been deemed to much of an arse to take part, circumvent their ban.

Pretty sure thats not a grey area, i would have slapped a ban on someone for knowingly doing that on any forum i was staff.

Obviously just my 2c for what it's worth.

What do you think @Mentalist @Eggs Mayonnaise @Cassie pretty sure they are the only active admins left here.

jack

Last edited:

Seph

Resurrected Account
Staff member
Well I wasn't talking about me, hence my hypothetical comment. Someone else on the board claimed to be doing that. I was just wondering what the rules were around it.

Ok ill bite, who was it then?

Or what the hell was even the point of the thread in the first place.?

jack

Ok ill bite, who was it then?

Or what the hell was even the point of the thread in the first place.?
Not my job to out people or police the board. I'm just here to have fun. Which I happen to be having.

The point of the thread was someone pointed something out to me which i verified. I had a question about it and I asked it and got my answer. That's about the size of it.

Last edited:

Seph

Resurrected Account
Staff member
The person who is claiming to be doing it, of course. I was just curious what the consequences were.

So are you going to say who it is or is it just a game.

Becuase surely it can be checked.

Parallaxis

beer, I want beer
I've never been to a BBS where that ISN'T against the rules.

I'm not sure if Sardy or MM would have banned for it though. But they didn't ban many people. You would have had to post some illegal shit to get banned in the first place. Otherwise they'd just lock you down in some bullshit spam forum. But if a banned member did start posting on another account then I'm sure MM would have locked the account out of fear of the person reposting the illegal content they were kicked for in the first place.

It may also be interesting to note that I believe (maybe wrong here) that Red Whacker (our Founder) use to account share with his cousin on Trekbbs and that caused him issues over there. Again, I may be remembering that wrong. But account sharing isn't unheard of here. Supposedly the rumor is that multiple people where using a SkinOfEvil clone account. But that may be bullshit too.