Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Important etymological questions!

Neil

Out of the closet
I'll start:

Where, how and why the fuck did the word 'patooty' come into play as being a euphemism for someone's rear end?!

Neil said:
I'll start:

Where, how and why the fuck did the word 'patooty' come into play as being a euphemism for someone's rear end?!

Grrrr...

It's a reference to a wet fart sound.
Of all the useless information called out of my brain!..
Geezzzz.

You are a well of knowledge, my friend!

Ok... the next word I need some historical perspective on:

Sassafras

a small tree/bush like a flowering dogtree...in fact, in the south of our province they grow together in the wild. Has volatile oil that's good for keeping mosquitos away - so if you can grow it in your zone, it's a good plant to have around...but those same volatile oils that used to be made into a popular tea in the 1900s are now suspected to be carcinogenic. So pass on sassafras tea!

"Now blueberries I can understand... but can someone please explain to me gooseberries?!?" - Reverend Jim

Neil said:
I'll start:

Bastardization of 'potato' and the polite colloquialism for a fart. = "Farting potato."