Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Individual Settlements

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
I have a, uh, friend who just settled a court case. My friend settled for several million dollars, and what I mean is that my friend is not on the receiving end of that money. So, how exactly does a settlement get taken? Garnishing wages is a start but will not even begin to cover an amount like that. What about rich fathers? Can they be forced by the government to pay the money or is is up to the daughter to manipulate the dad into paying it off willy-nilly?

The settelment should have specified the source of the damages to be paid.

Otherwise, they can only garnish his wages after auctioning off whatever he owns of value. Deep pockets don't apply on a settled case - it would had to have been targeted before settlement. The parents and relatives are safe.

Not only are the parents safe, any spouse is also safe from paying any monetary judgement. Just as the son is not responsible for the father's debt, so too the father is not responsible for the son's debt.