Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Infidelity and the Internet

Tyrant

Is serious flirting/fantasizing cheating?

Before you say 'no,' try to imagine how you would feel if you discovered your significant other had a ..... 'pen pal' of sorts.

Thoughts?

I suppose it depends upon whether all my needs (sexual, emotional, mental, psychological, picayune) are getting met.

edit* should that be "depends on" or "depends upon"?

Tough call but I'm pretty sure I'd get rid of my man's pesky penis if I caught him heavily flirting with someone online.

Gonad said:
I suppose it depends upon whether all my needs (sexual, emotional, mental, psychological, picayune) are getting met.

edit* should that be "depends on" or "depends upon"?

That doesn't matter, IMO. If your needs aren't being met, man up and move on. Cheating is cheating regardless of the excuse you use to justify it.

Infidelity, in my view, is when you take romantic energy, time, and attention, and direct it to someone other than your partner, without your partner's knowlege.

One can certainly do that over the internet.