Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inked at Hart & Huntington in Las Vegas!! (photos)

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I had a ball this past weekend in Vegas, and one of the highlights was getting some new ink at Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company. If any of you have watched Inked on the A&E channel, you’ll know that H&H is a top-notch tattoo parlor that’s located right in the lobby of The Palms. It’s a favorite of tattoo enthusiasts and celebrities; in fact while I was waiting to get tatted, Christina Ricci was taking a picture with Jesse, one of the more popular artists.

I got there at noon and they told me to come back around 5:45. I gave them my design (The Philadelphia Eagles logo, since I love the team and will be moving to Cali soon) and my ID and then headed back to my suite at the Bellagio and got some shut-eye. When I got there at 5:45, it was still mobbed, but Murdock was on the way in. He was the one that ended up doing my ink. Really cool guy, super accommodating, told me to just tell him if I got lightheaded or needed a break or some water or something. He then said, “If you’re ready, just sit back and take it like a champ.†And I did. Yeah, it hurt. A FUCKING LOT. Especially the “feathers†at the back of the Eagles head, when he did the thick green lines. But I didn’t flinch, didn’t ask him to stop, and he was like, “You’re doing good, Bro, I’m almost done the outlineâ€. It hurt, and I sweated my ass off, but it was bearable.

Below are some photos of my experience!!

Here is the sign, I had to lighten the pic because it’s silver on purple, and it’s dark as hell in The Palms:
harthuntingtonsign7zt.jpg

Here I am giving the thumbs-up while an evil-looking Murdock prepares to inflict more pain on me:
murdockgivingtat2ry.jpg

Here’s a closeup of his hands inking me:
shands7lh.jpg

Here is the tat with the finished outline. It’s red because IT FUCKING HURTS!! (sorry for the semi-buttcrack shot!)
tatjustfinished9nn.jpg

And here’s the finished product the next day, along with the original source:
finishedtat2wa.jpg

You can’t tell from the pic above, but the tat looks INCREDIBLE! It looks exactly like the logo, except for the white (which they can’t do). I am definitely going back there to get my stupid spider tattoo covered up, and I’m gonna ask for Murdock again. I recommend him to anyone. Jesse is a great artist, but he seemed a bit too much “Rock Star†attitude for me.

A totally cool experience, if you want a tat and are gonna be anywhere near Vegas, Hart & Huntington is worth the trip!

It's a waste of time. It'll just fade into your skin, something about not being able to make a white that wont be absorbed or fade from the sun. No good tattoo artist will use white because you'll constantly be getting it re-touched.

True, a solid white is hard to acheive, but it can be done, I've seen it done, my hubby is a tattooist - it looks good in just black anyway, I was just curious.

^^Me too! I was originally going to just get my spider covered up, but I couldn't find anything that moved me. So I decided to just go with the Eagles symbol I'd wanted for awhile. I'm gonna go back and get the spider covered when I come up with a good design, possibly a raincross.

The coolest thing? I showed Laker_Girl pics of my tat and when she goes there in the next week or so, she's getting the same tat!

If I could get away with it, I'd tattoo a small bracelet of stars on my wrist.

But A: wrist tattoos hurt worse than I am willing to handle
and B: it'll look gross when I'm 80!

EnglishRose said:
it's looks nice BDM, good solid lines, but why can't they do white?

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think one of my ink guys said that white doesn't have the lead in it to bond with the skin. But I could be wrong, it might be the other way around, that it needs lead and no one will use it because of the toxicity. Either way, white is not made the same way as other colors. In one of my tattoos' [now covered up with another one] I went with the white anyway, because "I wanted it" *whines* and sure enough, it faded big time, in less than a month.

I had white and blue hearts tatooed around the tatoo of my nephew's initials and the white hearts are gone. Granted, it's been 7 years but they were gone within months.

Amazing tat BDM, I can't wait to get mine done!!

Laker_Girl said:
I had white and blue hearts tatooed around the tatoo of my nephew's initials and the white hearts are gone. Granted, it's been 7 years but they were gone within months.

Amazing tat BDM, I can't wait to get mine done!!

Make sure you get them to take a pic, and I'll host it for you! Lemme know who does it, etc.

Duh, of course you will, what am I sayin'? :)

Glad to see you went with the Eagles rather than the Phillies. Team support is fine, but a shitty logo makes a shitty tattoo. Good call.

^^If I was going for a cover-up, It would've been the Phillies logo. HOWEVER, to get the bell and the lettering was gonna be like $1,500. Since I was really only getting the thing as a coverup, I decided to get the Eagles logo on my opposite shoulder, since that's what I really wanted anyway. It was a bargain at $400 +tip. Oh, and I know my friend Laker_Girl is getting the same tat, that sealed the deal.

Since I'll be moving to Cali soon, she found a really good coverup for me, and I'll share it with everyone once I've decided I'm definitely getting it. I will say that even though I LOVED my suite at the Bellagio, I'm probably gonna stay at The Palms next time, so I can be first in line for the artist of my choice.

Man, Vegas RULES.

ok, forgive me....but did you just say you spent 400 dollars on that tattoo???? I'm just clarifying, because that seems a ridiculously inflated price for some ink. Don't get me wrong, it's very nice and a great job was done....but DAMN...Is it because these dudes are on that show that they charge that much?

^^No, that seems about right, given the level of detail work in the eyes and such. Any other shop would probably charge around $300-350. They can charge more because A) It's Vegas, and everything costs more in Vegas, and B) the artists are that good. If the artists weren't so good, they wouldn't be in demand, and the shop wouldn't be packed no matter how much tv time they got.

I looked through Murdock's book, and his original pieces are jaw-dropping.

supply and demand for celebrity status. Same reason those biker guys in Orange county only sell to celebs and sports teams now. No one can afford the TV rates.