IPOD to computer transfer

Friday

Bazinga!
How? What program do I use?

I'm going from both iPod to Mac and PC.

(I'm transferring my own music, so it's completely legal...)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I think you open a thread like this once a year. :D

Windows: I use iPod Access - http://www.findleydesigns.com/index.html

They make it for Mac too, so maybe you can kill two birds with one stone. It's shareware but it's cheap.

Friday

Bazinga!
LOL

Yeah, I'm pathetic, I know. ;)

Thanks! :)

Why does Apple continue make their products so difficult to interface with users' computers? Any other manufacturer's MP3 players can be plugged in to a computer and automatically appear as a removable drive from and to which one can transfer files to one's heart's content. But Apple requires iTunes to interface with their overpriced product.

I own a iShuffle and I hate the fact that I can't transfer files from my laptop because the damn thing is "married" to my office computer. It says I have to reinitialize the damn thing to sync it with my laptop and risk losing all my tracks. Damn Apple!!!

Cacophony

lkjewro23piqjur2oijkslfaw e
Why would you synch your iShuffle with your office computer and not your personal computer anyways?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Don't need to ask why. Just burn them to a CD and then copy them into your iTunes at home. You could even copy them onto a USB stick. Just like normal people.

Cacophony

lkjewro23piqjur2oijkslfaw e
Hrmm, that kind of makes me wonder how pissy my iPod would get if I were to get a new computer.

I don't have it on autosynch, so it should be alright were that to happen.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I don't use autosync either. I change things around too often.

Plus, if you use a third party iPod-to-computer app like the one above, you have to make sure that all autosync features are turned off or you could screw things up.

I don't use autosync either. I change things around too often.

Plus, if you use a third party iPod-to-computer app like the one above, you have to make sure that all autosync features are turned off or you could screw things up.
hmmm..."think different". I never thought they would take that slogan so seriously.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
What do want them to do, send Steve Jobs to your house to copy songs one by one as you nod your head in approval?

People may have complaints about iTunes, but not being able to figure it out isn't one of them.

iTunes is a nice music library organiser and player.

But "marrying" the MP3 device to an individual computer is just plain dumb. It defeats the whole purpose and drive towards portability.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
But in this case, Apple is actually helping the cause of consumer music ownership.

If you wanted to organize your music your way, your media would have to be at a central server, which the major labels and studios would love to control rather than let you have real ownership of the files.

If you had a LAN server, you could access it via IP from anywhere and just configure the network drive as your iTunes library. Or something.

It's not Apple's job to feed you AND wipe your ass too. Use your head, whiny.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
^ Bored and looking to engage anyone like a diseased whore.