Is Comicon gone?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

Contributors

If Rachel Bellwoar could guest star on any TV show it would be Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Her beta fishes’ names are Philip for The Americans and Max for no reason. Coca Cola is her coffee, and when she’s not writing for Comicon you can find her reviews at That’s Not Current, Flickering Myth, The Geeked Gods, and Diabolique Magazine.

Rachel-150x150.jpg

jack

Tito-W-James-HEADSHOT-TMC-150x150.png

Tito W. James writes action adventure comics for all ages that juxtapose creepy content with beautiful imagery. He is the mastermind behind CROSSBONE JONES and GANGSTERS VS GATORS. Tito’s goal is to create comics that capture the bombastic fun of old comics with the emotional resonance of new ones.

jack

photo-2-150x150.jpg

Ben Martin is a life-long movie & TV lover. In his teens, he decided he wanted to do more than just watch the things he enjoyed. So Ben decided to start writing his opinions on TV & movies a well. Mr. Martin also writes screenplays, short stories and opinion columns.

jack

03-150x150.jpg

Sage Ashford is a freelance writer that’s been covering a variety of geek-related things for his blog, Jumping in Headfirst, since 2008. He stopped being awful at it around 2012. He’s written for Bleeding Cool, Tokusatsu Network, and CBR. When he’s not writing, Sage enjoys geeking out over anime, video games, comics, nostalgic TV, and more stuff he probably forgot to mention. Follow him @SageShinigami on Twitter.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
WHATEVER! This thread is about the COMICON message board which I almost purchased from Rick Veitch in exchange for my HUMMER H2 SUV and $$$...My understanding is Bissette and Only is holding the domain name hostage so I wouldn't get it....I also offered to apologize to Bissette for ruining The Swamp and DevilMan's ChopHouse, own and operated by Venooker if Rick would have sold COMICON message board to me...Note to self: What I did to The Kingdom wasn't my fault. DevilMan and Eel O'Brien paid me for doing that...Mothafuckers are holding BLACK MAN accountable for helping the white man out.
almost bought out Comicon? That would have killed the site for sure.
Although I'm fairly certain nothing played out how you described it. :rolleyes:

jack

The not so recent owners (they bought it 10 years ago) have really turned it into a nice popular culture site. Some of the old contributors still work there. It's matured, if not gentrified.

They deleted the messageboard 10 years ago. Conley never knew who Wilson was, and Rick didn't either, given they were sock puppets the whole time they were there.

There was never a negotiation between Wilson and Veitch over anything. They've actually never spoken to each other at all irl :bigass:

jack

The investors that bought the site and the framework paid a pretty penny for it from what I heard.

As you have seen in the thread between MODMAN and Wilson, he balked at 200$ for a custom avatar. (120 if he paid in 48 hours).

For someone who claims they are "paid in full" to not even know what a crypto wallet is is pretty funny. But you know how it goes with liars.

:bigass:

jack

Comics Games

‘Marvel Future Fight’ Surpasses 150 Million Global Registered Users

Marvel Future Fight launched in April of 2015 and over time, the mobile RPG has exceeded 150 million registered globally.

Marvel Future Fight launched in April of 2015 and over time, the mobile RPG has exceeded 150 million registered global users. The roster of usable characters has grown to 251, and there are 393 different uniforms to obtain. To commemorate surpassing such a high number of users, Netmarble is adding some special content.

Players can participate in limited-time events, obtain special rewards, and receive discounts on all in-game uniforms. Below you can see what’s in store for the celebration.
  • Celebration Event featuring Selector: Tier-3 (October 5 – 31): By checking-in, players will receive the Selector: Tier-3 feature via the game’s inbox. This will provide the opportunity to choose a Tier-3 character (out of 20 available characters) including Captain America, Ghost Rider, Thor, Vision, Hulk, Black Panther, and the recently updated Venom.
  • Symbiote Invasion II Event Quest (October 5 – 18): Players can enter the event by completing daily quests such as World Boss clear, Comic Card upgrade, or by participating in Alliance Battle. Tokens will be provided by competing daily quests which can be exchanged for various items including Premium Card Chest, Tier-2 Mega Advancement Ticket, and 4★
  • 40% Uniform Discount (October 4 – 11): All uniforms can be purchased at 40% discounted price during this promotional period.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Whatever! I surly was in negotiations with Rick Veitch to own Comicon message board. I don't give a fuck about this Comic convention bullshit Venooker decided to bring up....Secretly Ive known Veitch since 1989. The reason Rick (Pretty Rickie is what we named him) didn't except my offer was because of Bissette. That misunderstanding at The Swamp caused me the forum. I honestly regret that till this day...Sorry, but not sorry. But hey! I won. The Kingdom and the Comicon message board no longer exists.

And Another Thang funny book artist.
My daddy (Chuckie) and 2 uncles (Larry and Howard) worked with Veitch, Bissette, John Totlben and Alan Moore at DC Comics in the 80's.

jack

You have become....pathological.

Gobelins Animation Teases New Shorts For 2022​

by Tito W. James​

Gobelins Visual Arts School is known for stunning animated shorts produced by their graduating students. The variety of art styles and maturity of subject matter has garnered praise and attention from animation fans and pros worldwide. Now, the school has released a teaser trailer for the animated shorts to come this month.

French animation has been on the rise with studios like Fortiche (Arcane), Studio La Cachette (Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal), and studio CRCR (Valorant ‘Fire Again’) producing stunning animated programs and trailers. When I was first exposed to the animated shorts from Gobelins, I knew that if we had movies and TV shows with this level of sophistication it would change the landscape of animation forever. It appears my predictions are coming true faster than expected.

jack

comicon-com-logo-sm.png