ISP's CONFIRM '2012: THE YEAR THE INTERNET ENDS'

MessengerX

Bell Canada and TELUS (formerly owned by Verizon) employees officially confirm that by 2012 ISP's all over the globe will reduce Internet access to a TV-like subscription model, only offering access to a small standard amount of commercial sites and require extra fees for every other site you visit. These 'other' sites would then lose all their exposure and eventually shut down, resulting in what could be seen as the end of the Internet.
http://ipower.ning.com/netneutrality2

netneutrality.jpg

Fools.

First, I'll steal as much uncopyrighted information as I can from the current 'net. Then, I'll run cable through my neighborhood and create a simple $10 a month subscription policy for my new internet.

Eventually, my organization will expand to encompass the city, the state, then the country, then the world, because in true free market, my product would be inherently superior to theirs.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Yep, that's when the axis supposedly reverses or something equally catalysmic.

Theres also 2018 instead of 12, depending on which calendar you're using.

MessengerX

Meanwhile, on Planet Earth, Messenger scans the horizon for updates on the impending cyber disaster.

jack

2000 was 8 years ago.

jack

Ok, lets just say this is true (which it isnt). How can these providers "own" url's that are already privately owned, not to mention controlling access to them?

Explain please.

MessengerX

Ok, lets just say this is true (which it isnt). How can these providers "own" url's that are already privately owned, not to mention controlling access to them?

Explain please.
They own the access to the sites. That is what an Internet Service Provider is, Jack. Without them, the site servers are isolated and gathering dust.