It's been 3 years, so...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Dell Studio 1749 17" laptop
Intel Core i5-520M 2.40GHz (2.93Ghz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)
8GB, DDR3, 1066MHZ, 2 DIMM
1GB VRAM
17.3 in HD+ TL LED Display w/Cam
Intel HD Graphics
1TB (2 x 500GB) Dual SATA Hard Drive (7200rpm)
Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate with XP Mode , 64 bit, English
6X Slot Load Bluray (BD) Combo Drive (BD Read Only)
Intel 6250 Wireless-N w/WiMAX (2x2) Mini Card
Win TV-HVR-950Q Hybrid Video Recorder
PC Tune-Up 2.0
Express PC 34mm Media Wireless Remote

Delivery in a few weeks. I did not get a multi-touch, which may be a mistake long-term, but for now, eh.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Damn those are some impressive sounding specs.

8GB of RAM in a laptop! I've never even seen that before.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I have to load it up to be a portable desktop. It has to run 2 versions of MS Office, plus all the Adobe heavyweights, and all the other work apps needed to communicate with the office. All that, plus everything else I like to do for fun...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Good news, everyone! It looks like I will get it about a week sooner than the original date, so it should be in my hands in about 7-10 days.

On a down note: one thing I didn't check ahead of time was the number and variety of built-in inputs. While there is a wide variety including HDMI), there are only 2 USB2 jacks on one side. I will be using hubs up the ying-yang.

Dr. Death

See if you have any open slots and add in a USB card. That will solve your problem with ease.

Robert "Monkey" Loggia

Mongoloid Biscuit Beast
How much did it set you back?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Nice box. I know if I had that on my lap it would always be sliding off from the thick bulging man meat that would pulse below it, engorged with blood at the awesomeness of the specs....

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I know what you mean. That's why a lap desk with legs comes in very handy.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh, and SURPRISE! It came yesterday! Those sneaky Dell-devils.

I've been customizing it and loading crap on it all night. My eyes are dead. :D

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
All tolled with the options I loaded into it and service contracts, about $2400. Plus I got some other peripherals like a new case and some software and junk that ran a couple hundred more.

Further

MooGoo
Dell Studio 1749 17" laptop
Intel Core i5-520M 2.40GHz (2.93Ghz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)
8GB, DDR3, 1066MHZ, 2 DIMM
1GB VRAM
17.3 in HD+ TL LED Display w/Cam
Intel HD Graphics
1TB (2 x 500GB) Dual SATA Hard Drive (7200rpm)
Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate with XP Mode , 64 bit, English
6X Slot Load Bluray (BD) Combo Drive (BD Read Only)
Intel 6250 Wireless-N w/WiMAX (2x2) Mini Card
Win TV-HVR-950Q Hybrid Video Recorder
PC Tune-Up 2.0
Express PC 34mm Media Wireless Remote

Delivery in a few weeks. I did not get a multi-touch, which may be a mistake long-term, but for now, eh.

As someone who loves building up lists of computer components, I know I shouldn't but I cannot resist so....

Intel HD Graphics!?!? I hope you are not planning on doing any gaming this thing. A Super Nintendo has more rendering power than any of Intel's sorry excuses for GPU's. For a somewhat expensive and of course non-upgradeable computer, this seems like a major over site.

On a lesser note, 8gb of ram is a probably a bit overkill unless you really plan on running 30 separate instances of Office. Still, it is nice to look at a large number during bootup...

Curious, what is the resolution of your laptop display?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'm not a gamer, not even close. Unless playing Scrabble Plus is considered gaming. Which is why the graphics card didn't ping for me.

Screen res is 1600 x 900. And the 8GB isn't overkill when I have to have at least one version of PPT, plus Outlook, Groove, FileMaker Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and Firefox open at once for most of the day. Word, Excel, and many others pop in and out several times a day. Not to mention µT and a media player, since we're talking about my home laptop and not my work station...WHEE!