Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Spader monologue - Boston Legal under fire.

Tyrant

http://www.boston-legal.org/19-stickit/BL-2x19-Stick-It-ClosingArguments.asx

WRITE ABC TV ABOUT "BOSTON LEGAL"

Needless to say, the warhawks and Bushistas are trying to flood ABC with negative messages about the James Spader monologue on Boston Legal. They are out to make sure the speech never appears in reruns.

If you agreed with the speech, if you applaud the stand for the Constitution expressed in the show, if you want to encourage mainstream media to finally exercise their role as watchdog on government abuse, even if it is in a drama, then YOU NEED TO WRITE IN AND SUPPORT THE SHOW.

Boston Legal is under attack for the courage they showed in last week's episode. Left unchallenged, the manufactured email flood will at best silence the show, at worst drive it off of the air. If Boston Legal is "punished" for speaking out, what other shows will dare follow?

Now is the time to prove James Spader's character wrong; that We The People DO care about what is going on, and we are capable of acting in our own best interests.

Send a message.

Do it now.

I'll wait.

UPDATE: Some of you have written in, many of you have NOT. Please take a moment to let ABC know how much you appreciated the courage that Boston Legal has shown.

If you respect the message, you must protect the messenger. - M. R.
They are trying to shoot the messenger of the Ides of March!!

Unacceptable.

http://www.boston-legal.org/19-stickit/BL-2x19-Stick-It-ClosingArguments.asx

Maybe I should illustrate the significance of what's going on here, seeing as how this thread is likely to degrade into a) A discussion on the quality of the show and b) A debate as to why the bitch is innocent or guilty.

The most ardent supports of the current government in the US, those who want to protect the 'ideals of Amewika, fweedom, justice, DC comics' from the evil ragheads.... don't like the message here.

I don't know..... I could pick Tony Blair's and Bushes version of steadily destroying the civil rights of a person with laws, or I could choose the terrorist's version. You get to see a lot more action with that one, so I'm fairly torn.

That's a pretty good performance by Spader.

Aside from the clip itself, I'm obviously a very strong supporter of free speech, so the news that anyone is trying to censor this speech in particular is just disgusting. Way to prove the scriptwriter's point, boys!

The Question said:
That's a pretty good performance by Spader.

Aside from the clip itself, I'm obviously a very strong supporter of free speech, so the news that anyone is trying to censor this speech in particular is just disgusting. Way to prove the scriptwriter's point, boys!

Exactly..

You know I saw it the first time it came on. Yes, I'm a fan and I don't care who knows it. James Spader is one of my favorite actors and Alan Shore is one of my favorite characters...

It was just as good [maybe better] the second time around.

Alan Shore's closing argument from Boston legal's episode "Stick it".

Alan Shore: When the weapons of mass destruction thing turned out to be not true, I expected the American people to rise up. Ha! They didn't.

Then, when the Abu Ghraib torture thing surfaced and it was revealed that our government participated in rendition, a practice where we kidnap people and turn them over to regimes who specialize in torture, I was sure then the American people would be heard from. We stood mute.

Then came the news that we jailed thousands of so-called terrorists suspects, locked them up without the right to a trial or even the right to confront their accusers. Certainly, we would never stand for that. We did.

And now, it's been discovered the executive branch has been conducting massive, illegal, domestic surveillance on its own citizens. You and me. And I at least consoled myself that finally, finally the American people will have had enough. Evidentially, we haven't.

In fact, if the people of this country have spoken, the message is we're okay with it all. Torture, warrantless search and seizure, illegal wiretappings, prison without a fair trial - or any trial, war on false pretenses. We, as a citizenry, are apparently not offended.

There are no demonstrations on college campuses. In fact, there's no clear indication that young people seem to notice.

Well, Melissa Hughes noticed. Now, you might think, instead of withholding her taxes, she could have protested the old fashioned way. Made a placard and demonstrated at a Presidential or Vice-Presidential appearance, but we've lost the right to that as well. The Secret Service can now declare free speech zones to contain, control and, in effect, criminalize protest.

Stop for a second and try to fathom that.

At a presidential rally, parade or appearance, if you have on a supportive t-shirt, you can be there. If you are wearing or carrying something in protest, you can be removed.

This, in the United States of America. This in the United States of America. Is Melissa Hughes the only one embarrassed?

*Alan sits down abruptly in the witness chair next to the judge*

Judge Robert Sanders: Mr. Shore. That's a chair for witnesses only.

Really long speeches make me so tired sometimes.

Judge Sanders: Please get out of the chair.

Alan: Actually, I'm sick and tired.

Judge Sanders: Get out of the chair!

Alan: And what I'm most sick and tired of is how every time somebody disagrees with how the government is running things, he or she is labeled unAmerican.

U.S. Attorney Jonathan Shapiro: Evidentally, it's speech time.

Alan: And speech in this country is free, you hack! Free for me, free for you. Free for Melissa Hughes to stand up to her government and say "Stick it"!

U.S. Attorney Jonathan Shapiro: Objection!

Alan: I object to government abusing its power to squash the constitutional freedoms of its citizenry. And, God forbid, anybody challenge it. They're smeared as being a heretic. Melissa Hughes is an American. Melissa Hughes is an American. Melissa Hughes is an American!

Judge Sanders: Mr. Shore. Unless you have anything new and fresh to say, please sit down. You've breached the decorum of my courtroom with all this hooting.

Alan: Last night, I went to bed with a book. Not as much fun as a 29 year old, but the book contained a speech by Adlai Stevenson. The year was 1952. He said, "The tragedy of our day is the climate of fear in which we live and fear breeds repression. Too often, sinister threats to the Bill of Rights, to freedom of the mind are concealed under the patriotic cloak of anti-Communism."

Today, it's the cloak of anti-terrorism. Stevenson also remarked, "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."

I know we are all afraid, but the Bill of Rights - we have to live up to that. We simply must. That's all Melissa Hughes was trying to say. She was speaking for you. I would ask you now to go back to that room and speak for her.

Big Dick McGee said:
I stopped watching Boston Legal this season, with the "hands" episodes. Ridiculous.
Laker_Girl said:
There's a reason I don't watch that shit show and there isn't even a Sheen in it.
Wow! Amazing comments from the republobots! Nothing to obscure or sweep under the rug, you mindless peons?

I know there isn't 'a Sheen' in it. You will probably find a reason to clumsily sidestep this as well:

Actor Charlie Sheen Questions Official 9/11 Story

The Bush administration responded to the charges against it as a defense attorney would, declaring them too outrageous to be taken seriously. President Bush himself advised people, perhaps especially reporters, not to tolerate "outrageous conspiracy theories." What the president really meant is that people should not tolerate any outrageous conspiracy theories except his own, according to which 19 Arab Muslims defeated the most powerful and sophisticated defense system in history and also defeated the laws of physics, bringing down three steel-frame building in a way that perfectly mimicked controlled demolition.

http://www.truthemergency.us/pages/DRGspeechNPC.htm

So, does that 'almost make you dislike' the drooling and inept idiot that Bush is? Probably not. ;)

Watch it again if you already have. Then watch it again.

You Americans deserve the spite you recieve from the rest of the world. Why don't you try fighting for the freedom, which you so try to force on the rest of the world, on your own shores?

Forget it. Britney Spears - New Album!

Messenger said:
Watch it again if you already have. Then watch it again.

You Americans deserve the spite you recieve from the rest of the world. Why don't you try fighting for the freedom, which you so try to force on the rest of the world, on your own shores?

Forget it. Britney Spears - New Album!
Oh, you're not American. That explains a lot.

I just watched Pretty In Pink and just want to say, "That's it Steph, isn't it? She thinks you're shit and deep down you know she's right."

I agree with Messenger. Whatever "poopoo" ing is going on, Neocons have to be scared right out of their minds right now. 2500 dead iraqis in the last 2 weeks and Bush has the gall to go on TV and DENY there's a civil war brewing.

Hopefully the Iranians havent already actually acquired a bomb. Our intelligence wouldn't have a fucking clue if they did.

You guys had your say for eight years and you've wrecked the country. We'll take it back. You know, us niggers and fags and spics and kikes and liberals. You won't control these next elections with your controlled electronic ballot boxes in key precincts. No more shopping niggers around til they're lost on election day.

Count on that, you fucking fascists.