Joseph A. Bank sale

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
$199 for all executive suits (normally $300), and $99 for the second of equal value, plus if you lose your job they give you your money back.

Just FYI.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I don't get it, but bump.

Big Dick McGee

Joseph A Bank is a bit higher-end Men's store, selling suits, sportjackets, dress shirts, ties, and the like.

Bought two suits there last night:

8202e.jpg

8202_003b.jpg

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Ah-h-h-h-h.

Big Dick McGee

Usually too expensive, but they had a nice sale last night, buy one "executive" suit for $199, get another for $99. They usually retail for like $450-$500.

Dude BDM this is awesome! I've been meaning to pick up a couple new suits, thanks man.

He's right, Jos A Bank is so insanely expensive that nobody goes there most of the time, but they (reportedly) have quality clothes. Most people buy suits at a place called Men's Wearhouse.

Big Dick McGee

^^Men's Wearhouse is overpriced CRAP! For real, when I started my new job last May, I realized I needed at least 3 new suits. Being new to the area, I had to go to Men's Wearhouse, it was the closest/easiest option. Of the three suits I bought just under a year ago, one of them is already starting to fray, and there's a "wear mark" starting in the crotch. They were insanely expensive, and the tailoring is sooo expensive. Bottom line is that I spent almost $2k for three suits and one of them is already starting to wear out.

By contrast, I bought a Joseph A. Bank suit about 4 months ago, and it is not only better quality, but it only cost me $179, it was a clearance item. I mean, they defintely have crazy expensive suits too (I saw a REALLY nice Italian wool suit for like $1K), but their sales are a way to get near-Brooks Brothers quality at Target prices.

One tip: find yourself a good tailor! All of the men's stores overcharge for tailoring. I can get the pants and jackets basically custom-fit for around $60 each. The store would charge at least twice that much, if not more.

So, bottom line, I'll have two new suits, custom tailored, for around $400. I really believe that if you dress for success, you'll achieve success, and it's been working so far.

Oh, the other thing is that you can sometimes get $80 ties for $20-$30. The shirts are a ripoff, though. Go to Kohl's or Macy's when they have sale.