Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Julian Assange appearing on The Simpsons #500

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange to Play Himself on 'The Simpsons'

Published: January 30, 2012 @ 6:43 pm
By Tim Kenneally

WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange is turning yellow.

The activist/journalist -- lauded by some and reviled by others for his leaking of classified government information -- will make a cameo on the upcoming 500th episode of "The Simpsons."

During the episode -- which airs Feb. 19 at 8 p.m. and is titled "At Long Last Leave" -- Homer, Marge and their lemon-hued brood are run out of Springfield and join an off-the-grid community outside of town, where they find themselves as new neighbors to Assange.

"Simpsons" executive producer Al Jean told Entertainment Weekly that Assange recorded his part from an undisclosed location last summer, while under house arrest in Britain.

"I was just given a number to call," Jean said.

Jean added that Assange will become "sort of their new Flanders," although with a considerably different twist: "He invites them over for a home movie and it's an Afghan wedding being bombed."

For a guy who's been under house arrest for more than a year, Assange is certainly getting around -- the WikiLeaks honcho will also host an as-yet-untitled talk show, which is set to premiere in mid-March, on which Assange will engage in "in-depth conversations with key political players, thinkers and revolutionaries from around the world."
Maybe they will also feature Roman Polanski living across the street (actually I would like that).

- just finished reading the bio about him, Julian Assange - Wikileaks: Warrior for Truth, authors Valerie Guichaoua and Sophie Radermecker present a very slanted portrait of this guy. Not saying I dont doubt for a minute the Swedish stuff was a set-up, but c'mon, he hardly walked on water all his life.
Very unsatisfying, alas.

I don't want to make my standard post about how The Simpsons hasn't been funny or relevant for years because I think they hurt Eggs' feelings, so I won't!

(The 200th episode where Homer ran for Trash Commissioner was good.)

I don't want to make my standard post about how The Simpsons hasn't been funny or relevant for years because I think they hurt Eggs' feelings, so I won't!

(The 200th episode where Homer ran for Trash Commissioner was good.)

That was 300 episodes ago! You're living in the past, Wacky! Stop living in the past!!