Louis Theroux: Miami Mega Jail

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
PART ONE TONIGHT. PART TWO NEXT WEEK.

Held in large cage-like dwellings for up to 24 men, the inmates have developed a strange and violent jail culture. The men - who remain in the cells almost all the time and may only leave for yard time twice a week - live under the sway of a gladiatorial code.

I hope he doesn't get raped.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
According to a review in the Radio Times he gets on really well with the prisoners, although some of them might actually be innocent because it's a pre-trial detention center.

CaptainWacky

Why were they so obessed with his shoes?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It was another excellent doc. I forgot it was a two-parter til the end. I wonder if we'll find out what happens to that young nerdy guy who ALLEGEDLY OK?! attempted to murder two women, or if he's still waiting for his trial now.

CaptainWacky

It's funny how he was completely denying every aspect of it at first, but then basically told Louis he tried to kill a girl he was "feuding" with because he's "angry".

CaptainWacky

He needs to do a whole masturbation special.

CaptainWacky

I liked when the people were barking and Louis' face was like "they're barking."

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
"There's not much of your gang left, huh?" *INNOCENT FACE*

It was a shame about that 14 year old. He had a good chance to avoid prison, but at that age you're not mature enough to consider your options properly. You just do what seems better in the short term. I bet he'll really regret quitting the boot camp in a few years, provided he's not given a chance to change his mind.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I am downl, er, checking out this Thoreaux fellow. Soon I will be one of you.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
[youtube]hHqHvZ13J2s[/youtube]

He's a fan of Jon Stewart and two of his best friends are Adam & Joe! Loius couldn't be more epic.

His father Paul Theroux is a fantastic writer as well. I suggest reading his works. Well worth it.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I love how in all his Weird Weekends the crackpots say that the world will end by the year 2000. They would've seemed like nutters when it was originally aired, but sitting comfortably in 2011 in a non-post-apocalyptic wasteland that hasn't been invaded by aliens, hasn't had a massive race war or a rapture or a nuclear winter makes their ridiculous certainties seem all the more amusing.

CaptainWacky

He "fagged" for Nick Clegg in University but Clegg claims not to remember it.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a bit of research on the nerdy kid from the Jail. Nianthony Martinez.

Okay so here is a link to the story about what he did.

Here is his jail ID - Mug shot.

Here is a link to his accomplice's jail ID - Mug shot.

Here are the two girls they shot at.

And here is his then girlfriends Twitter.

CaptainWacky

But they were "feuding". That makes it okay to shoot her!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]RZShILTIAmI[/YOUTUBE]

At 5:30 when the guard is all sketchy about letting him in to the cell with all the inmates and asks him if he wants to get them put to the back of the cell and Louis is all like "nah, they can be all out and about" and then when he does go in everyone is shaking his hand and calling him "Sir"

LOL

CaptainWacky

He's a badass mofo.