Lovin' Apple!

Friday

Bazinga!
I purchased a refurbished MacBook Pro 11 months ago, and just called about extending my warranty another 2 years.

Not only did they let me do it immediately, but I received an educational discount of $100.

Yay me! :D

The Question

Eternal
Oddly enough, my only complaint about the two Apple products I own are my own fault... I got the lower end Mac Mini which is a little bit hampered by only having 1Gb of memory, and my iPod Nano 3G has me seriously lusting after an iPod Touch.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Be careful MM. You've only started your mac addiction. Mine started with my first iPod (first generation). Now, I also own a 17" MacBook Pro. I bought a bluetooth optical mouse and a the iSight camera to go with the laptop. I've been saving my pennies for the new iPhone G3 that's coming out in a few days. I have an 80g Video iPod (I've owned one of every generation with the exceptions of the nano, mini, shuffle, and touch). I own an Air Port and an Air Port Express with air tunes. That means I can stream my iTunes to my deafening surround sound system. I'm not a big fan of any of Mac's audio hardware however. Even their iPod comfort-fit ear buds aren't that great.

If you're not careful, you'll end up like me and ishciabittle.

Friday

Bazinga!
Heh.

Conchaga...look at the username of the post above yours again. :D

once you go mac
you never go back...

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
LOL at greg

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Oops. That's what I get for posting in a hurry and only paying attention to the poster pic.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The Saint only posts once in a blue moon; last time he was here there was a theme week going on where many of us took mm's av as a tribute. D'OH!

I've owned every gen of the iPod as well (except the 2nd gen where there were 4 buttons added above the scroll wheel). But I haven't upgraded my Mac machine in 7 years. I still have a quicksilver G4 733 tower. I barely use it so there's no burning rush to spend the money on a new machine anytime soon.

Once I save up, I'll decide between replacing my iPod with another iPod, or an iPhone 3G. It will be one or the other, I don't see the need for both.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
The Saint only posts once in a blue moon; last time he was here there was a theme week going on where many of us took mm's av as a tribute. D'OH!

I've owned every gen of the iPod as well (except the 2nd gen where there were 4 buttons added above the scroll wheel). But I haven't upgraded my Mac machine in 7 years. I still have a quicksilver G4 733 tower. I barely use it so there's no burning rush to spend the money on a new machine anytime soon.

Once I save up, I'll decide between replacing my iPod with another iPod, or an iPhone 3G. It will be one or the other, I don't see the need for both.

How much space do you use for your iPod?

Either that, or are you willing to only have a limited mp3 quantity?

The iPhone is really the next step. Great storage space, lots of good apps, and it's your friggin cell phone. It's honestly a mini media computer. The G3 will only be $199. Worth the cost.

PS. I had the second gen iPod. The touch system for the buttons was too sensitive. That, and without moving parts, it's difficult to reset, blah, blah, blah. I just gave mine to an ex-girlfriend. And bought the third gen.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Since my last iPod was stolen, I've been getting by with a $50 Sensa Clip 2GB player. I'm starting to realize that I don't really need thousands of songs & videos with me everywhere I go, so I could deal with the more limited media space on the iPhone.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Since my last iPod was stolen, I've been getting by with a $50 Sensa Clip 2GB player. I'm starting to realize that I don't really need thousands of songs & videos with me everywhere I go, so I could deal with the more limited media space on the iPhone.

Yeah, I go through phases of what music I listen to the most. My 'most played' on iTunes completely changes almost every three months. I too have come to realize that carrying around 80g worth of media really isn't that necessary. At least in daily use. Going on trips however....

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Going on long trips, I usually have my laptop with me, which is where I keep everything. Plus, if I wanted to make a quick playlist on the fly, I would need the laptop & iTunes anyway, so having everything on the iPod isn't really so convenient if I can't program it easily.

I think I'm leaning more toward the iPhone now. I already belong to AT&T so it wouldn't be a difficult transition. Just pricey.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Going on long trips, I usually have my laptop with me, which is where I keep everything. Plus, if I wanted to make a quick playlist on the fly, I would need the laptop & iTunes anyway, so having everything on the iPod isn't really so convenient if I can't program it easily.

I think I'm leaning more toward the iPhone now. I already belong to AT&T so it wouldn't be a difficult transition. Just pricey.

Sometimes they have deals. Tell them that you'll renew your plan with them for two years and they give you rebates on phones and free bluetooth accessories. Honestly, they're throwing them away.

Also, this may sound silly, but have you played with the "on the go" playlist options yet? I really wish they made the controls for it more complex.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yeah, from what I remember the On the Go option was kind of useless for me. I'd be there for hours rolling, or I can just drag and drop everything in iTunes and copy it over...

(My playlists are pretty hardcore)

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
As I said, if the On the Go option was easier to use and more versatile, I'd use it all the time. Mac needs to learn from Sony. Their iRiver has the most amazing playlist creation option. Makes me envious.

I have a tendency to create playlists as I'm listening, outside the house. I think better when I'm not staring at some huge list of songs.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

the new iPhone is an even bigger ripoff than the previous one.

You'll see what I mean in a couple of months. Why pay 70 bucks a month for what you can already have for say 18?