Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maybe It's Because......

Friday

Bazinga!
...I have too much time on my hands, or maybe it's because my political fervor has been awakened. Or maybe it's because I've been told it's not a good idea. But whatever the reason...

I'm thinking of putting my name in to be nominated for a position. NEA rep for my school, to be exact. I've been approached, to tell the truth. It would be good to have a say in what policies are implemented at the school. Maybe I can change things from the ground up.

What exactly does an NEA rep do? Heck, what does NEA even stand for? I'm interested to know.

My friend, I don't envy you your hangover today. :D

PHJ, The NEA is the:

National Education Association

It is a teachers' union. Some say they also dictate curriculum, but I still insist schools get to choose whether they wish to implement what the NEA has to offer, or not.

I might be able to gently guide the NEA's influence in my school, if I accept the position.

Hmm....

It seems this year the NEA National Conference is in Orlando. I wouldn't have to travel very far. Niiiiiice... :)

Friday said:
It is a teachers' union. Some say they also dictate curriculum, but I still insist schools get to choose whether they wish to implement what the NEA has to offer, or not.
Ohhh, okay. I figured it either had something to do with education (more likely), or Near Earth Objects (less likely, but way cooler).