MCU things that don't have their own thread

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Drax and Mantis just travelling around Earth having fun would actually be great.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh that looks adorable.

CaptainWacky

^Did you ever watch Guardians Vol. 2 (I know you watched the first one)? YOU HAVE A MONTH.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Audrey Plaza joins the cast of the Agatha spin off.

Can we please get her and Darcy in the same scene?

CaptainWacky

There's literally no chance she's playing her Legion character, but she should be.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Also cast in Agatha: newcomer Joe Locke, star of my current Netflix obsession Heartstopper.

They're keeping his role secret but the internet speculates he'll be playing Billy/Wiccan.

‘Heartstopper’ Star Joe Locke Joins ‘WandaVision’ Spinoff ‘Agatha: Coven of Chaos’ for Disney+- Variety

Two years ago he was an unknown openly gay 17 year old kid doing amateur theater in The Isle of Man.

Last year he got cast in an open call audition for the lead in the Netflix series Heartstopper, based on Alice Oseman's graphic novel/webcomic.

This year Heartstopper premiered and was an instant hit. Netflix, which cancels everything it makes after one season, gave a two-season renewal.

In the span of 8 months he has gone from unknown to award-collecting activist celebrity who has had to leave social media due to crazed fans.

Oh and a Marvel hero.

Plus he's cute as a button.

CaptainWacky

Yeah I can't see how he could be playing anyone but Wiccan. There's rumours the other Heartstopper (I haven't watched it and never will, sorry) guy has been "in talks" with Marvel too and some speculated he'd play Hulkling (Wiccan's boyfriend) but I feel it would be distracting having the same actors playing lovers in two different universes.

whisky

Boobie inspector
More distracting than having people play siblings who were last seen as a married couple?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yeah I can't see how he could be playing anyone but Wiccan. There's rumours the other Heartstopper (I haven't watched it and never will, sorry) guy has been "in talks" with Marvel too and some speculated he'd play Hulkling (Wiccan's boyfriend) but I feel it would be distracting having the same actors playing lovers in two different universes.
Yeah, Kit Connor is the co-star. He's 18 but has been acting since he was a little kid (he was young Elton John in Rocketman). I think the rumors about that have mostly been fan wishful thinking, but truthfully he'd be a pretty good choice, so who knows.

I understand you never will watch Heartstopper but WATCH IT anyway lol. Season 1 is only 8 half-hours episodes so it's a quick watch. Most people cry at some point (but not in a tragic way, it's just so cute and heartwarming). For older queer people, it's a mixture of joy and melancholy, something like "if only a show like this was around when I was a kid, maybe things would have been different" etc... It's just an adorable comfort show if you're in the need for that.

Same goes for all of Alice Oseman's YA books that the show is based on.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

There's more tv shows to watch than EVER BEFORE it's hard.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It was ok? It felt like apart from Drax and Mantis they only had everyone else for a day.

Kevin Bacon was in it more than Star lord.

I did like the animated bits, very star wars holiday special.

CaptainWacky

I thought it was a lot of fun. Drax and Mantis are the best ones so it's good they were the main characters! Pom Klementieff is a national cuteness treasure. Could have done with more Nebula but it was nice when she danced. (How did she get Bucky's robot arm?)

So Go-Bots are canon in the MCU and killed Drax's cousin but also people cosplay as them.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Potentially Mark Hamill is this as a drink Santa, if it is him he is repeating the same pose as when he swigged that milk in the last jedi.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
It was ok? It felt like apart from Drax and Mantis they only had everyone else for a day.

Kevin Bacon was in it more than Star lord.

I did like the animated bits, very star wars holiday special.
I miss Baby and teenage Groot. Not sure if I like Hulk Groot.

CaptainWacky

Broot (Bro Groot.)