MESSENGER - On Orbit!

Consumer

Elder Statesman
The MErcury Surface, Space ENvironment, GEochemistry and Ranging (MESSENGER) probe is in orbit of Mercury. Took a LOT of maneuvering and time to get there, but even with the 3 brief fly-bys we've already increased what we know of Mercury by an order of magnitude. Now with the probe in orbit, we should learn a lot more about this planet.

I'm all for maned space missions, but it sure looks like we get a lot of "bang for the buck" from these probes. Hopefully this one will be as successful as the two Mars rovers have been!

Good Job to all of those involved! :D

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
This is exciting. Even though Mercury is a barren ball of rock and iron, new discoveries always interest me.

BTW, I'm in before Luci comes in and starts some pointless blather about how "If it was a Canadian probe, it would've gotten there sooner", when in reality, assuming the rocket didn't blow up on the launch pad, the only way a Canadian probe would get to Mercury is by crashing into the planet, Leeroy Jenkins-style.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Shit. I thought this was going to be another Paul meltdown.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Its amazing how that probe has already been able to detect swings in temperature from as much as 800 degrees Farenheit on the sunlit side, and temperature as low as 300 below zero on the far night side

jack

Kinda like a rectal thermometer, eh?

jack

Well, I certainly understand how painful it's become for you, little Rectal Itch.

Enjoy your cybering. :bigass:

Weevil

Shit. I thought this was going to be another Paul meltdown.
I thought this was NOT going to be another 'Paul' meltdown, just a meltdown where Paul was NOT special, where you might have thought Paul was another passing thought. But Paul is NOT another passing thought. Hello, my good cuddly Jew friend. How are you this fine Nevada evening?

jack

I'm not telling you how I am, but it looks like you (and your main) are STILL pwnt.

::laughing::

Weevil

Word around, you got around a lot of friends around downtown. "I got enough of this fucking factory so far up your ass that your shit snow for a year".

"Targetting... Come Quietly or there will be trouble.
Oh... FUCK YOU!!!""

Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dEVv1g6G1A

Stupid fucking noob.

Weevil

Weevil

So it go so far up your ass, that we got trouble up op your ass. No a problem.

Weevil

Weevil

dinosaucers

dc

jack

maybe it is you. You're certainly drunk enough

Weevil

maybe it is you. You're certainly drunk enough
But never certainly Messenger enough. Dare to try your luck?

Weevil

I am still Tetris Champion and none of you inferiorlites can change that.