microsoft's vision of the future

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Now I gotta go dig up that video of the guy wearing the necklace projector touch(anything) computer. It's pretty cool.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKBjt5z_EcY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKBjt5z_EcY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Whatever is left of the world after 2012, the solar flares coming in 2013 that will knock out most electronics and communications will make things like this less seem less important.

Time to learn how to grow our own food and go back to vinyl records.

Further

MooGoo
Microsoft certainly does try to shake up Desktop UI design more than most companies. Often times their efforts are met with resistance (eg. the Ribbon of Office 2007, which I think is a good improvement). More often they conjure up all these great ideas and never actually manage to release them in finished products (eg. WinFS, MS Surface, Courier).

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I'd give it five minutes before one of the kids drew a cock on the touchscreen wall and it transformed into a giant penis as big as your head spouting semen with the word "PENIS" in multiple languages surrounding it.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Perez Hilton isn't waiting for the new interface to do that.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Wake me when they invent those bitchin' computers they have in Quantum of Solace.

SAUSAGEMAN

Microsoft certainly does try to shake up Desktop UI design more than most companies. Often times their efforts are met with resistance (eg. the Ribbon of Office 2007, which I think is a good improvement). More often they conjure up all these great ideas and never actually manage to release them in finished products (eg. WinFS, MS Surface, Courier).

Microsoft's problem isn't that they don't have smart people - it's that whatever ideas and vision those smart people have, they end up getting sliced and diced to death by a thousand middle managers, and they end up with mediocre products. Yay.

Ishcabittle

not to mention Ballmer is a little out of touch. did y'all see his interview at D8? he really just rambled and rambled, moving from topic to topic without any cohesion.

only zuckerman was a worse speaker, and that kid is 26.