Miers supports gay couples adopting, ICC, and women in combat

WASHINGTON – Harriet Miers, President Bush's nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court to replace Sandra Day O'Connor, is on record as supporting the establishment of the International Criminal Court, homosexual adoptions, a major local tax increase and women in combat, WorldNetDaily has learned.

Link!

Hmm.. Maybe she won't be so bad, eh?

Morrhigan

Pussie
^Those things sound good. But I heard she's never served as a judge before. If that's true, it seems a weird choice for Supreme Court.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
nO you PeepLEZ are StoopId, its A ploY By TEH BUSH tO convincE yew awl tHAt he's a CompASSionAte ConsERvative, whEN he rilLy knOWz sheZ got NO ShoT at GittING ConFIRMED! BusH R EVUL!!

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Morrhigan said:
^Those things sound good. But I heard she's never served as a judge before. If that's true, it seems a weird choice for Supreme Court.

Reinquist (?sp?) wasn't a judge

Buttons

Ninja Kitten
the establishment of the International Criminal Court,
BOO. Last I checked I wasn't a citizen of the UN or the Hague. I was a citizen of AMERICA.

homosexual adoptions,
Yeah.

a major local tax increase
BOO. Federal government out of Local government!

and women in combat
Yeah. Bout time we sent some amped up PMSing psycho women without burkas out to castrate us some terrorists!

WordInterrupted

Troll Kingdom Ambassador
Hehehehe... Fearless Leader is cracking up. He promised to nominate Thomases and Scalias, but now that he's in deep political trouble, he chickens out and throws up a pinko.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I think today's articles are showing that she supported all those things with her checkbook only, and that was before she found Jeebus and went Republican. So it turns out she may be a wPod after all.

WordInterrupted

Troll Kingdom Ambassador
She's definitley a wPod, fresh from her White House incubation chamber. The first item on her resume is "Best Buddies with Georgie Porgie!"

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
WordInterrupted said:
Hehehehe... Fearless Leader is cracking up. He promised to nominate Thomases and Scalias, but now that he's in deep political trouble, he chickens out and throws up a pinko.

Annnnnd....if you belive that, you're not as politically savvy as I think you are.

Miers has been President' Bush's personal attorney for going on 20 years. Do you really think he doesn't know her most intimate views on everything?

The nomination of Miers is a brilliant move. How can the Democrats oppose her, when she's esentially a "blank slate"? The few issues she has gone public with mirror those of the Liberal left. Any pointed questions will be horribly, horribly partisan. Nope, the Liberal are gonna come out smelling bad on this one. They're essentially reduced to "she's a nominee of Bush, and we hate Bush and everything he stands for, so we'll oppose her on those grounds". Heh. Karl Rove strikes again!

Ahhhh....soon, my friends....very soon....there will be changes in our choices...
:)

WordInterrupted

Troll Kingdom Ambassador
The nomination of Miers is a brilliant move. How can the Democrats oppose her, when she's esentially a "blank slate"? The few issues she has gone public with mirror those of the Liberal left. Any pointed questions will be horribly, horribly partisan. Nope, the Liberal are gonna come out smelling bad on this one. They're essentially reduced to "she's a nominee of Bush, and we hate Bush and everything he stands for, so we'll oppose her on those grounds". Heh. Karl Rove strikes again!

Actually, top Democrats like Reid have been praising Meirs--they're publicly claiming her nomination as a victory. It's the hardline Republicans like Sam Brownback who have come out against her most strongly.

As for her views, I have no idea what they are. She might well be a nutty originalist in the style of Thomas, but I don't think that's necessarily the case. If you look at the people Bush has appointed across government, personal relationships and loyalty are much more important to him than competence or even ideology. If he really likes someone and thinks they're loyal to him, I think he might appoint them even if they're not ideologicaly pure.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
WordInterrupted said:
Actually, top Democrats like Reid have been praising Meirs--they're publicly claiming her nomination as a victory. It's the hardline Republicans like Sam Brownback who have come out against her most strongly.

As for her views, I have no idea what they are. She might well be a nutty originalist in the style of Thomas, but I don't think that's necessarily the case. If you look at the people Bush has appointed across government, personal relationships and loyalty are much more important to him than competence or even ideology. If he really likes someone and thinks they're loyal to him, I think he might appoint them even if they're not ideologicaly pure.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU WILL RESPECT ME AS A GREATER INTELLIGENCE BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

The Question

Eternal
Buttons said:
the establishment of the International Criminal Court,
BOO. Last I checked I wasn't a citizen of the UN or the Hague. I was a citizen of AMERICA.

Exactly. I know it's hard for the hippies to spell this word, but I'd hate to have to reminisce about American sovereignty.

homosexual adoptions,
Yeah.

Hell yes, why not? If it works, great -- but I personally suspect it won't yield good results, and the only way to convince the Left of that is to give them the chance to prove it.

a major local tax increase
BOO. Federal government out of Local government!

No fucking kidding. We're already deep enough in a virtual serfdom as it is.

and women in combat
Yeah. Bout time we sent some amped up PMSing psycho women without burkas out to castrate us some terrorists!

HELL yes! If women want to pretend they have balls, let 'em. It's just too bad they didn't get a chance during WW2, when war meant more foxholes and mortar attacks, and less pushing of buttons and reading of computer screens.

Buttons

Ninja Kitten
Exactly. I know it's hard for the hippies to spell this word, but I'd hate to have to reminisce about American sovereignty.
You'd think we should actually have a SAY in the laws we abide by...

Hell yes, why not? If it works, great -- but I personally suspect it won't yield good results, and the only way to convince the Left of that is to give them the chance to prove it.
Exactly. If it works, fantastic. If it fails, it shows that much can be done to improve it. Although I am in favor of parenting licenses...

No fucking kidding. We're already deep enough in a virtual serfdom as it is.
No taxation without direct representation.

HELL yes! If women want to pretend they have balls, let 'em. It's just too bad they didn't get a chance during WW2, when war meant more foxholes and mortar attacks, and less pushing of buttons and reading of computer screens.
Yes. I am against them pushing me around. Bitches.

Virginia

a few pmsing women would do wonders for combat.

The Question

Eternal
At the very least, it would rid the world of a few PMSing women, and that can't be a bad thing.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
She's an evangelical. End of story.

I think the conservative backlash is all a coordinated fake-out to get moderates and the public on her side. She's a Bushie with all the Jesus plug-ins, nothing more. I don't see anyuthing original coming from her decisions...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
You say potato, I say First Amendment. :D

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Like I said. Spud. ;)