MJ's Likeness on Ancient Egyptian Bust

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Michael Jackson: Egypian Bust is Likeness
August 6, 2009 by lisa waller rogers

8e00z18tzsd3fni20m7b.jpg

The Pharaoh of Pop doesn’t quite have the same ring to it as King of Pop, but visitors to Chicago’s Field Museum could swear that’s Jacko’s face on a 3,000-year-old Egyptian bust.

The spitting image limestone sculpture has been on display at the museum since 1988, but recently started drawing attention because of its likeness to Jacko — complete with disfigured nose.

Unfortunately the bust, which was carved sometime between 1550 B.C. and 1050 B.C., is of a woman and MJ likely never had the chance to see the statuette.

“I have no idea whether Jackson ever visited the museum,” a Field spokesperson said to the Sun-Times‘ Michael Sneed. “But the similarity between the limestone statue of a woman – which is about 3,000 years old — and Jackson is astounding.”

Interestingly, Jackson cast himself as an interloper in ancient Egypt in his video for “Remember the Time,” so maybe he sensed some Egyptian roots.
From NBC Chicago Online (video)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
BTW, I think it looks more like Zac Efron.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I think that was one of the cast-offs in some stone-cutter's dump.
Look at the assymetrical eyes; looks like the work of two different apprentices. Ancient Egyptians were all about perfecting a stylized ideal to represent you in the next life.

but I can see how peeps would think it looked liked Modified MJ. He had people carving into him too.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'M CONVINCED

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I have to agree with Jon Stewart: The man is dead. Can we stop calling him Jacko now? I think he deserves a bit more respect.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
That convinced me that reincarnation is REAL. I'll probably come back as a caterpillar :(

CaptainWacky

Remember how Jackson was buried without his brain? And the ancient egyptians removed the brain before mummification. HMMM...

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
p6q45aa68xil1s30nr7.jpg

This is a Dutch painter Barent Fabritius and his self-portrait displayed at a Munich museum.

Perhaps Michael Jackson is an immortal alien who will return to earth in another 200 years time!

No. Thats fucking retarded.

CaptainWacky

He'll return in our hour of greatest need (the BB final night.)