More Dangerous Than Smoking? Death by Soda

Tyrant

Cranky Bastard

What's worse is that people that know this turn to diet sodas.

Unfortunately, diet sodas are just as bad. The aspartame (nutrasweet) metabolizes like monosodium glutamates.

Just for everyone's info, glutamates are used by scientists on lab rats to make them fat.

Drinking diet soda will also make you fat, by chemical means, rather than sugar.

The aspartates also contribute to amyloid plaque build-up in the brain which is what is seen in advanced alzheimer's victims.

The Question

Eternal
Aspartame is also said to induce a condition very similar to MS in a small percentage of those exposed.

Love Child

One Love
I hate soda. Its so gross. I can't believe how many people drink that crap. But how bout Monsters and other Energy drinks-they are probably just as bad, but I havent' checked out the content too much.

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
I'm constantly drinking soda and have been for over ten years. Screw bad health, the sun gives you cancer, for christ's sake.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
Cranky Bastard said:
The aspartates also contribute to amyloid plaque build-up in the brain which is what is seen in advanced alzheimer's victims.

I believe I will look into this some more. Thanks, CB!

Cranky Bastard

Archibald Nixon said:
I believe I will look into this some more. Thanks, CB!

I read this from a neuro-surgeon named Doctor Blaylock. His newsletter is subscription through NewsMax.com.

He has quite a bit to say about dietary effects on the brain - being a brain surgeon and all....

Expensive sub, though.

Cranky Bastard

Colonel Kira's Left Tit said:
Know what? Basic living will give you type 2 diabetes, heart disease, bowel cancer and nerve damage.

Eating the crap that is commonly available and part of the "preferred" diet, yes.

It is still possible, however fantastic, to die of old age.

Gonad

Cranky Bastard, in the Coke vs. Pepsi thread I thought you stated that Diet Sodas are designed to make you (general you) fat. If that is what you stated, I would like to respond that I doubt making people fat is the goal of the diet soda manufacturers. Perhaps a more accurate statement (one that I would still argue against) would be that "Diet sodas have a design that makes you fat."

Cranky Bastard

Gonad said:
Cranky Bastard, in the Coke vs. Pepsi thread I thought you stated that Diet Sodas are designed to make you (general you) fat. If that is what you stated, I would like to respond that I doubt making people fat is the goal of the diet soda manufacturers. Perhaps a more accurate statement (one that I would still argue against) would be that "Diet sodas have a design that makes you fat."

Yes, agreed. I didn't know my generalities were going to be used as witness in court....
fighting0056.gif

Gonad

I'm a slave to semantics, and I just wanted to be sure of your views.

Wouldn't something that made you fat by design, altering your metabolism, be a good thing?

Cranky Bastard

Gonad said:
I'm a slave to semantics, and I just wanted to be sure of your views.

Wouldn't something that made you fat by design, altering your metabolism, be a good thing?

I couldn't imagine why. Too many health problems that occur earlier in life...

Gonad

A slow metabolism means your body is more efficient; it can go further with less food. A slow metabolism is not the same as being overweight.

Cranky Bastard

Sure, as long as that also applied to digestion and the conversion of food into blood sugar. Once it's blood sugar, the slow metab works against you.