My mom just passed away.

Friday

Bazinga!
It's weird, ya know? We didn't have a close relationship, and she's been in a nursing home on the other side of the coast for the past 15 years, in a near vegetative state, but I still feel sad, with an immense sense of loss.

How irrational is that, right? :(

Donovan

beer, I want beer
it's hard even when it's inevitable. At least she is finished with her journey, doesn't sound like the last few years were pleasant ones for her. Consider the blessing of freedom...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's still the loss of your mother, there's no way of truly measuring the ways this loss can affect a person emotionally.

Both my parents have been gone for over a decade, and I'm still finding new ways in which I can be affected by it.

I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

Friday

Bazinga!
Thanks, everyone, for your support.

I know she's in a better place. I believe she is. Lying in a hospital bed, having to be fed thru a tube, not knowing where you are, are *if* you even are, at times, is not a way to live.

Your comment about freedom made me cry, Dono.

Again, thank you everybody....

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
No not irrational at all. Sorry to hear about your loss. My parents are around 80 now and I dont look forward to that day but I know its coming.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
Condolences, of course. The reality of a loved one's demise always feels like a sucker punch --no matter how expected it might have been.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
I understand. My Dad may be right behind her.

Robert "Monkey" Loggia

Mongoloid Biscuit Beast
I'm so sorry. :(

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
It's not irrational at all. My sincere condolences for your loss Friday.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
This reminds me of a now famous quote that was made in the last Indiana Jones movie:

"We all reach a point in our lives when life stops giving us things and starts taking them away"

Sorry for your loss :(

eloisel

Forever Empress E
My condolences on the loss of your mother.

Regardless of how it goes, we start out closer to our mothers than we will ever be to any other human being in our lives.

Friday

Bazinga!
Thank you everyone for your kind words. When I was looking to connect to people who weren't involved in their own grief, you were there, and that won't be forgotten.

My mom loved to watch TV. I envision her having a grand old time in Heaven. After all, God must have a whopper of a cable package. ;)

wizer

TK addict
Except there's no such thing as Heaven

Sorry for your loss but Mom is going to rot away in the ground just like everyone else does after they die.

Such is life...and death.

Friday

Bazinga!
It wouldn't be TK without a post like the one above.

My faith is unshakable, thus your diatribe elicited little more than a slight rolling of the eyes...

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
I just saw this. Sorry for your loss Friday.