My New Project...Skillet THC (pharmaceutical grade)

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Now this is fun.

First, you take dirt pot, just shit...remove sticks, stems and seeds. Pulverize the powder (put it through the screen in a hand grinder for the perfect consistency), try to create about a 1/4 lb of powder per batch.

Next: Percolating!

I've created sort of a pot percolator based on the idea of drip coffee. I have a large heat sink on which sits a stainless steel pot. I've rigged a soxlet basket contraption to the top of the pot, that's a modfied pressure cooker lid with a cooling tower attached to the top.

I put a coffee filter in the soxlet basket and put the four oz of powder in. I fill the pot to the mark with grain alcohol (about a half liter), turn on the heat and seal the pot.

Grain alcohol vaporizes at 173 degrees, so I bring the heat up to that point over the course of a half hour. \Aat 173, I let the alcohol drip vaporize, cool in the tower chamber rig (which it does) and then drip through the soxlet basket. It takes about 18-24 hours to completely leach all the raw resin out of the powder like this, so I just visit the pot from time to time.

After a day of that, I turn off the heat and let the pot cool (about 20 minutes), then slowly bring the heat back up to 120-125 so everything mixes freely. This resin is mostly THC delta's 5=6=and 7. The 6 is active, but the others aren't.

So, I add about 2 ounces of H2So4 (sulfuric acid). CAREFULLY of course, this is real chemistry, so if you dont know how to handle shit like this, don't bother. Anyway, the acid rotates all the deltas into delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, which is what you're looking for, and the acid also neutralizes the grain alcohol.

You then take about a half ounce of baking soda and wash the mixture with water with it til the BS comes out. This neutralizes the H2So4.

Now you have about 2.5 ounces of pure, active hash oil.

Next: Red Leb and the GRAIL

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Now that you're totally ripped to the tits on this fine oil you made, you realize it's still kinda black and tarry (with green tinges on the edges) and tastes rough. That's because it's the bottom grade of the oil.

What I like to do is get a quart pyrex beaker (like a french press cylinder) and transfer the oil to it and fill the tube with glass wool. Attach a common spiral pyrex condenser to the beaker spout, and seal. Have the drip over a petri dish.

Heat the has oil, starting at about 150. Just let it heat slowly like taffy. This process takes about 10 hours, and requires moderate attention, so plan to be sequestered to do it properly. I like to watch House of 1000 Corpses several times during this stage, for example. when the oil softens turn up the temperatue slowly, about 5 degrees every 10-15 minutes or so.

It's fun...at about 225, all the "aroma factors" and colors drop out of the oil, leaving an lightly colored, amber "honey oil" product. You may stop here if you like (I usually take a vial of this yummy stuff for joints if I've batched the volume properly), but if you continue to inch up the heat the oil turns red at about 275, and "cracks" at about 317. Just like taffy.

At that point, just inch the heat up very slowly and watch very carefully. The oil won't "burn" if you do it right at his stage. At the point where it ctacks, crysta;;ization is just a point or two higher. And what crystallizes are literal crystals of relatively pure thc.

A four ounce batch of powder yields about 7 grams of honey oil, 4 grams of red, and a heavy gram of thc crystals. I won't even bother to point out what having access to a gram of pure thc crystals means, but it breaks up the boredom for the weekend and IT MAKES A GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
Ill do unspeakable things for a few grams of THC crystal.