Natalie The Zombie Slayer

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Natalie Portman will fight zombies, Victorian social conventions

By Rick Porter
December 11, 2009 12:13 AM

Natalie Portman will star in the latest Jane Austen adaptation to come to movie theaters -- you know, the one with zombies.

Portman, who's currently starring in "Brothers," will take the lead role in "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies," based on the book by Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith, who added the flesh-eating undead to Austen's tale of two sisters searching for love and happiness.

Portman will also be a producer of the movie, along with partner Annette Savitch. "Natalie and I are longtime passionate fans of Jane Austen's books and this is a fresh, fun and thought-provoking way to approach her work," Savitch tells Variety. "The idea of zombies running rampant in 19th century England may sound odd, but it lends a modern sense of urgency to a well-known love story."

"Donnie Darko" director Richard Kelly, Sean McKittrick and Ted Hamm will also serve as producers. There's no word yet on a director or screenwriter.
A REAL BODICE-RIPPER AYE?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Nope.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I love Natalie.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Update: Zombie James Ivory has been tapped to direct.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
And Denholm Elliott, bless 'im.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Marie Claire: Natalie Portman On Muses, Schtupping Sean Penn

This month's Marie Claire includes a David Letterman-inspired article that explains why "bonking the boss" is a bad idea, yet still makes office affairs sound sexy. But more importantly, did Natalie Portman hook up with Sean Penn?

In the cover story, Portman addresses the recent tabloid stories that claim she made out with Penn behind a curtain at a party in L.A.:

He's obviously someone I'm friends with," she says. "I mean, not 'hey, wassup?' friends, but we were all on the [Cannes 2008] jury together — Alfonso [Cuaron] and Marjane [Satrapi] — and we had a really great time, and then ... It was one of those things where you're like 'Oh my God! I'm that person who's caught in this shitty rumor brigade.' You can't win. You don't say anything and everyone's like, 'It's true.' You say something and you're keeping the story alive. It's bad, bad news."

That sounds like a no, but who knows what secrets are hidden in those ellipses?

The rest of the profile emphasizes that Portman's a "good girl": she didn't go to high school parties, got drunk for the first time in college, and only tried pot when she was in her 20s. Those looking for something scandalous will have to settle for her comments on how she avoided becoming some director's muse even while working with Woody Allen, which could be interpreted as a dig at Scarlett Johansson:

"I have a problem with muse-ship," Portman says, curving into herself as if a little embarrassed. "I feel like througout history, it's been men vampiring on women's specialness. And why do that for someone?" Then she laughs, before adding: "Maybe it's fear of intimacy or something."

She's nobody's muse, but she is willing to dress up as Peter Pan if you ask nicely. (Fig. 1)

22618605655396521426.jpg

CaptainWacky

I love that shoot, Eggs (SEE MY AV) and need them in High Quality NOW.

CaptainWacky

(He made my av.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Can't find a big one of that, but here's another one from the shoot:

94747490274782064847.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Board: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2011) View: thread | flat | inline | nest
My Profile | Main Boards | Friends | Favorites | Private Messages | Help
zombies and 19th century drama??????
by wiid420 2 days ago (Thu May 13 2010 20:05:42)
Ignore this User | Report Abuse Reply
I don't know if the people that watch zombie flix watch pride and prejudice. Seems a little oxymoronic, not ironic like it's supposed to be. HMMMM.

Re: zombies and 19th century drama??????
by JaySherman7 1 day ago (Fri May 14 2010 17:28:54)
Ignore this User | Report Abuse Reply
well, the novel had done surprisingly well, so it seems that like people like the concept.

CaptainWacky

It takes years for pics to come out in HQ sometimes, Eggs. :(

Yub

Anachrophobic
I've been reading Pride and Prejudice in prep for reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which I'm really hoping the wife gives me for my birthday. I can't wait to both see the film and read the book. I'm wondering who gets eaten.