New Laptop Too

Mirah

I love you
Apparently I have already used up all of my memory. I have an external hard drive, no problem. Its fire-wire, fine buy an adaptor, plug it in-no go.
So now I cannot access my external hard drive for pictures or anything, or to store things on it from this computer.
I am really surprised I used up all of my memory already.

3 GB of Ram is all I have.

: (

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Hard drive space or memory?

If it's memory, please do the following.

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del

Take a screencap of the processes running.

Maybe we can kill some stuff that isn't needed.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
^ Also, Sort the window so that the Processes are listed in descending order before capturing it, too.

Also, open the My Computer window and capture that too, to see how much hard drive space you've used on your C drive.

3GB of RAM is plenty unless you're rendering a new PIXAR movie at the moment.

Mirah

I love you
Oh yes, I am rendering a new PIXAR movie at the moment. Duh. : P

Here are the pictures. And yes I use IE.

ascreencap.jpg

amymemory.jpg

Ishcabittle

It seems that C: is chock full and D: is sitting pretty with nothing on it. I would move your digital media (music, movies, pronz) to the D: drive and then delete it from your C: drive. that should make things betterers.

Ishcabittle

it all depends - if your music player is winamp or whatever you can just move the music and that will be that. if you're using iTunes you'll have to let iTunes know that you've moved your library - that's done in Edit > Preferences > Advanced > iTunes Library.

you'll figure it out, yer a smert cooky.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Sorry about not being so helpful on msn yesterday. I was distracted.

Let me offer some help now.
Your memory isn't a problem. However, there are a few processes you can do without.

2uyd9ij8jmr0uhaolg9r.jpg

If you're not constantly adjusting your webcam settings, checking for adobe updates, or adjusting your video card, the ones I circled can be terminated.

As for why your external drive doesn't work, I'm not too sure. You said it worked on your last PC. I didn't ask who made it and how long you've had it. Those would be good things to know. Also, since you said it's firewire, that may be the problem. A lot of PC's have moved away from firewire and replaced it with USB. Even macs have railroaded past firewire. It is painfully apparent in their decision to euthanize it altogether and make all their portable iDevices dependent on USB. Your (three generations) more advanced Vista laptop may not want to work with something that's 9 years old, Windows ME compatible, and runs on firewire. However, since it recognizes the drive but won't let you access it, I really have no clue as to what the issue is.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
it all depends - if your music player is winamp or whatever you can just move the music and that will be that. if you're using iTunes you'll have to let iTunes know that you've moved your library - that's done in Edit > Preferences > Advanced > iTunes Library.

you'll figure it out, yer a smert cooky.

You left out WMP11.