Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One of many Trollking Techniques

This one is less common than others...works mildly well on most boards/forums.

Ask an intelligent question, do a little research and ask in depth. Once someone responds, keep asking further depth questions...then abandon the thread with a "Bombshell" question that turns the subject 90 Degrees.

Works about 50% of the time on a "serious" board.

Examples on this board are myself...possibly Number 6, Friday, Wordin, MM has been known to use this technique too. Others pick it up and run with it on occasion (DS, CU, TQ, LG, BDM notably).

Side-effect: Occasionally the question sparks and interesting debate if it's well thought-out in the first place. That's as rewarding if not more so than a "trolling" question that you sabotage later.

Observations on other techniques?
Something to discuss other than strippers or the Skan idiocy?

Not that I'm actually a Troll or anything.
-SB

Sadistic Bastard said:
Examples on this board are myself...possibly Number 6, Friday, Wordin, MM has been known to use this technique too. Others pick it up and run with it on occasion (DS, CU, TQ, LG, BDM notably).
plus keekeen

Sadistic Bastard said:
This one is less common than others...works mildly well on most boards/forums.

Ask an intelligent question, do a little research and ask in depth. Once someone responds, keep asking further depth questions...then abandon the thread with a "Bombshell" question that turns the subject 90 Degrees.

Works about 50% of the time on a "serious" board.

Side-effect: Occasionally the question sparks and interesting debate if it's well thought-out in the first place. That's as rewarding if not more so than a "trolling" question that you sabotage later.

Observations on other techniques?
Something to discuss other than strippers or the Skan idiocy?

Not that I'm actually a Troll or anything.
-SB

Could you go into some more detail about these techniques?