Ongoing Battlestar Galactica thread of doom.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I may come back to this and develop it, but for now I'm going to put this here. Trimming my toenails because it is an unpleasant task that must be done periodically to keep this meat machine that carts me around operating and thinking about how much it would suck to be Jesus, an entity with intelligence and abilities beyond anyone at his time--and with no need for a corporeal body--to be stuck in one. Knowing he was going to have to suffer and experience the death of his physical body before he could escaped this existence. Waiting to download. And then it hit me: What if Jesus was a Cylon? :/

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I was already entertaining the idea that the "greys," the traditional 1990s X-files/Art Bell anal probe/abduction aliens were Cylons--they're like, an interim, hybrid. The mechanical Cylons that left in the basestar were learning how to become organic and greys are a step before figuring out how to be human. Hence the need for abductions and anal probes.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Just rewatched the Adama-Dee "I'm putting the fleet back together" scene again. Thought I had the magic combination of what made this show so good--the incidental music and the cinematography. But no. Because there's the writing. And the acting. The little bits where even the extras add to the scenes. Such a good series. I should see if Peacock has it for free again or not.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Well shit. Apparently BSG is still pay only. BUT! "Highlander: The Series" is free. Time to relive the mid 1990s?

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Just rewatched the Adama-Dee "I'm putting the fleet back together" scene again. Thought I had the magic combination of what made this show so good--the incidental music and the cinematography. But no. Because there's the writing. And the acting. The little bits where even the extras add to the scenes. Such a good series. I should see if Peacock has it for free again or not.
I think it might be back on Prime, maybe.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Somewhat off-topic, I had a dog. Loved her very much, planned on having her for 13 years or so but she died around 10. I did not handle it well. When I started seeing signs the end might be near, I ramped up The Plan to find the place that we could retire to and live out the rest of our days. I guess I did that. But I didn't think it was only going to be 3-4 months. I placated myself with the Starbuck story arc that she was my angel, guiding me to where I was supposed to be and when I was there, her work was finished and it was time for her to move on. Buried her out where she could guard the neighbor's horses. Built a nice cairn over her. Then, when I was cleaning out a big deep closet, I found a cheap glass angel. It reminded me of the Aurora charm Starbuck gave to Adama before she died so I put it on her grave.

Anyway, I'd hoped to do all the things I hadn't been able to do because I had a dog (oh, I also had a cat. And The Cat, instead of keeping me company for another 5 years, died 3 months after The Dog--and is buried next to her), but it was during the 'Rona, so everything was closed. After a year of mourning, I decided I was tired of being sad and got another dog. I actually found a dog at a shelter named "Angel." So when I got her, I named her "Starbuck." Then I looked for a cat. Freaking animal rescue places would rather keep animals in cages their whole life than find them good homes. When I took Starbuck into my vet for her first checkup, I said this and he told me someone had dropped off a very pregnant cat on Easter and I could have one of the kittens as soon as they were old enough. And that's how I wound up with Gaius Frakkin' Baltar.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

StarMan™

A few more people reacting to BSG on YT (if that's your thing). Pretty cool to watch new people discover the show. One chick really digs The Expanse and didn't expect anything would topple it from its #1 spot. Well, she's one episode off Adama's ultimate balls of steel moment (Exodus part 2) and I think BSG might already be threatening to unseat The Expanse for her. Much as I liked The Expanse, nuBSG has always the complete package. Most importantly, it's got plenty of heart.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Wait until she gets to season 3 before making any declarations lol.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Been awhile. Dunno what popped it in my head, but the Kira cancer episode. Damn. So amazing. As a guy, you don't cry much before the age of 40. So after 40 you look for excuses to just bawl your eyes out. Especially happy crying like from that episode.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
So say we all.

[looks around]

So say we all!

SO SAY WE ALL.

SO SAY WE ALL!

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Eddie has excellent penmanship.

NbKWrxf.jpeg