Perfect Part Time Gig...

Friday

Bazinga!
...for Number_6...

Bartender!! :bigass:

Why didn't anyone think of it before? With all that knowledge about all that booze, he'd be a natural. :D

And he'd get a kick out of busting all those undergrads in his courses that come in with fake IDs. LOL

I've thought about it. The hours suck, of course.

But I'd probably get fired, because I'm waaay too generous with the booze.

The hours are perfect for you, whaddaya talkin' about?

Yeah, I can't picture you watering down the drinks, tho. You're too much of a cocktail purist.

Or he could be a prostitute. Giving head to the homo-johns in the alvarado cooridoor. He'd be perfect for it. And it's night hours too so he could keep his job teaching inmates at Downey State.

faceman said:
Or he could be a prostitute. Giving head to the homo-johns in the alvarado cooridoor. He'd be perfect for it.

And you know about this place because . . . ?

Hmm...

Schooling for that would be expensive, and 6 would have to leave academia to do it.

Bartending is something he could slip into with out any commitment, and he could work during his off hours from teaching.

I was a bartender for like six months while in college. Worst job ever. Aside from the pricks in their Lacoste shirts who try to impress the "lay-tees" (while tipping you jack shit), the frat boys who want to get wasted to the point that they shit their pants (happened. Often) and puke all over the bathroom floor, and the crusty old broads just looking to score with anything with a penis, the hours sucked, the pay was shit, and I wouldn't treat my dog the way the customers treated us.

I did learn something, though: Even if you're a horny 19-year old buck, you can get tired of drunk bitches making fools of themselves while they try to pick you up. ;)

Morrhigan said:
I'd think 6 would be more of a sommelier than a bartender. :)

I looked into this. Holy SHIT does it look hard. You have to be able to identify key varietals, vintages, and producers by smell alone. I have a good palate, I think, and a decent nose, but I don't know if it's THAT good.

I might sign up for the initial course the next time I'm visiting the wife's relatives in Northern California--I think it's two weekends long. UCDavis has one of the few onology programs in the U.S.

I think the course is almost $400, but that includes sampling some very, VERY fine wine.

Laker_Girl said:
Isn't there only one sommelier in the U.S. or is it only one female sommelier in the U.S.?

There's only one female master sommelier in the U.S., and that might also be in the world.

Her name is Andrea Immer, and she has a show on the Fine Living Network, or one of those cable stations. She's also the wine buyer for Target, of all places, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Target is stocking some decent midrange wines.

That's strange, because I heard he was a cunning linguist. He knows at least two languages, doesn't he?

G...I heard his accents are...spot...on. So good, in fact, it leaves women breathless. :bigass:

Number_6 said:
There's only one female master sommelier in the U.S., and that might also be in the world.

Her name is Andrea Immer, and she has a show on the Fine Living Network, or one of those cable stations. She's also the wine buyer for Target, of all places, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Target is stocking some decent midrange wines.

I didn't know that Target sold wine, how interesting.

Laker_Girl said:
I didn't know that Target sold wine, how interesting.

It has to be one of those Super Targets--the ones that have more groceries and such. What the hell do they call them? Our local Target doesn't sell wine, but the one three towns over does.

Back