Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Political Bias, I say!

Friday

Bazinga!
From that IWF site:

A Discount Cornucopia of Gratitude: Giving thanks for Wal-Mart

This article practically deifies WalMart, but neglects some very important facts:

Most of Walmart's vendors are forced to sell their goods to Walmart at far lower that market costs. This is how Walmart can sell their merchandise so cheaply. Consequently, some of these vendors have been blacklisted by other companies that would have purchased their wares. The vendors are denied the ability to make a living by cowtowing to Walmart's ever growing monopoly.

Walmart employees are paid less than the chain's competitors' employees.

Vendors are strongly encouraged to outsource their jobs, thereby taking food off the tables of Americans. We won't even mention the sweatshops this produces overseas.

So don't tell me Walmart is the economic boon the IWF makes it out to be. I smell very thick political agenda here.

Wal-Mart definitely stretches the ethical boundaries of a free-market economy. On the one hand, they have a duty to their shareholders to maximize profits and increase the value of the stock. However, as the single largest private employer in the United States, their actions affect almost all of us, even people like me who won't buy their crap no matter how cheap it is.

I am generally loathe to have the Fed interfere in the business of a private company, but Wal-Mart is so unlike any retailer that's ever operated in the United States that they bear a closer look from the Fed.

Friday said:
The vendors are denied the ability to make a living by cowtowing to Walmart's ever growing monopoly.

Perhaps they should not sell to Wal-Mart? If you make decent stuff, you don't want it in Wal-Mart anyway, since all they sell is cheap crap for the trailer trash crowd.