Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post-thanksgiving turkey cooking extravaganza

Elrod Jericoho

So we didn't cook for thanksgiving and went to friends for dinner. I felt like doingh some serious cooking though.

Often I'll buy a cheap turkey the day after and butcher it. So I got a thawed, 15 pound bird for $2.

Brought it home, skinned and boned it, then ground the dark meat and wing meat together, made some of it into meat sauce for lasagna, froze the remainder.

Cut the breasts into usable sizes to use like chicken breasts. Already made a sauteed turkey breast dish that was pretty good. Needs a little added fat, I'd say.

Then I roasted the carcass for an hour, brokethe bones into pieces and then roasted them with vegetables for stock. Made stock, which I've just clarified... ended up with about 16 cups of really rich turkey consomme. Going to make soup with some and freeze the rest.

I need a bigger freezer...

After Christmas we will go get a couple of cheap turkeys and put them in the upright freezer. You cant beat the price.

bad dog said:
After Christmas we will go get a couple of cheap turkeys and put them in the upright freezer. You cant beat the price.
Shut up, you! This isn't the right forum for this thread. It belongs in the Tea Room.

:clang:

We make turky enchiladas with the dark meat, a big pan full and freeze a few for quick lunches.

My dad likes to make turkey and dumplings. That was good stuff too.

I got stoned and made a kick ass turkey nacho topped with pace picante sauce.

Damn good stuff.