Pulling out all the stops...

Friday

Bazinga!
...to see if I could force 6's hand, and make him post at least once in this thread.

I think...therefore I am.

No, that's not it.

Hillary Clinton for President in 2008! Her running mate should be John Kerry.

I betcha then we would see a lot of social reform.

:bigass:

Regardless of what you think of Hillary Clinton, she will prove as divisive or more divisive to this country than Bush.

I don't think we should elect another polarizing president.

MY GOD YOU PEOPLE ARE FUCKING PATHETIC!!!

HILLARY CLINTON!!! COME ON TROLLS! HERE'S A SHOT FOR YA! COME ON, SCREAM ABOUT HOW SHE'S A LEZBO DYKE AND A COMMUNIST! HERE'S YOUR CHANCE! GET ON IT!

And you be who?

And, 6...I agree with ya. I just wanted to see if I could make you come out of retirement for a minute.

Y'know....make a cameo, so to speak. :D

The end of the school year is only part of the problem.

I have article revisions due on Monday for an anthology that's supposed to come out later this year. However, the proposal for the anthology was made to the publisher three years ago, so I'm trying to revise a three-year old piece. Lots of re-reading to do to get myself back into where I was when I wrote it.

I've also been asked to hop on board a rather big project that's going to require me to work on my multilingual abilities in a major way, as well as familiarize myself with a canon of work I've only worked with tangentially.

So while the coffee table has stacks of final essays on it, they are being ignored for the moment.

Oh, and when the first essay in the stack of what are supposed to be critical literary analysis essays starts off with the sentence, "Ernest Hemingway was a writer who wrote many stories," it really turns you off the idea of reading any further.

Hillary would be terrible in any case.

Her knee-jerk "Oh, God, think of the children!" reaction is not what I want in a head of state.

Number_6 said:
Oh, and when the first essay in the stack of what are supposed to be critical literary analysis essays starts off with the sentence, "Ernest Hemingway was a writer who wrote many stories," it really turns you off the idea of reading any further.

Then you reflect that in their grade, use a bright red pen and tell them so.

I dunno what the deal is with people like that. They speak perfectly fluent English, and then when they sit down at the keyboard, they turn into mentally-challenged 6 year-olds.

Blindgroping said:
It's fluent English, just uninspired and uninteresting.

Exactly. Much of what I've read thus far looks like something you'd have a grade schooler do as a book report.

The red pen is indeed flowing, but the flaws in these papers run so deep, it's almost necessary to write a paper in response to try and explain why what they've done is inadequate and unacceptable.

When you are about to return the papers, Hold a good 2 inch stack in your hand as you enter the classroom.
Wait for them to settle.

Then, "Is This what you people turn into me? "
throw the stack onto the desk to make a big smack sound,
" Where is your PASSION for what you do!?"

"I could get highschoolers to write what you have written!
Come up and pick up your own damn paper!"

Back