Racism in Jewish communities

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Racism in Jewish communities

:wtf:
Racism in Jewish communities is a source of concern for people of color, particularly for Jews of color. Black Jews, Indigenous Jews, and other Jews of color report that racism is practiced by white Jews in many countries, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Kenya, South Africa, and New Zealand. Sephardi and Mizrahi Jewd also report experiences with racism by Ashkenazi Jewd. The centering of Ashkenazi Jews is sometimes known as Ashkenormativity. In historically white-dominated countries with a legacy of anti-Black racism, such as the United States and South Africa, racism within the Jewish community often manifests itself as anti-Blackness. In Israel, racism among Israeli Jews often manifests itself as discrimination and prejudice against Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews, Ethiopian Jews, African immigrants, and Palestinians.

Click Here For Complete Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

‘Racism is very prevalent in the Jewish community.’ A Black, Jewish, gay leader speaks out.

Gamal Palmer was 9 years old when he marched into the local synagogue and demanded an appointment with the rabbi. “His secretary looked at me, this little brown child, like, ‘What?’ ”As the son of a white Jewish mother and a Black father, Palmer was used to these kinds of looks, the ones that consciously or unconsciously suggested he probably wasn’t in the right place. Palmer was undeterred. “My mom is Jewish and that makes me Jewish,” he declared to the rabbi. “And I want to be Jewish, so what should I do?” Unsure what to make of this assertive boy, the rabbi had only one question: “Does your mother know you’re here?”

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Jewish Racism

One of the things that I don't think folks get is when it comes to the perspective of blacks on Jews/Italians/Irish/Scott-Irish/Germans/Polish, very few black people actually differentiate. I know that there is a legacy of singling out Jews among black Muslims (I wonder why...) and some black nationalists, but people who think that black power was ever a mainstream ideology among black folks, need to read some history. And I say that as someone who was, and still am, heavily influenced by black power/nationalism. Obviously James Baldwin and Chris Rock have made this point before. I understand why different tribes of white people don't completely see it that way also. I agree with much of what Jim Webb said about Appalachia, for instance, though I think he slightly downplayed racism.

Click Here For Full Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Black Jews Are Being Chased Out Of the Jewish Community By Racism.

If someone asked you to name the most urgent crisis facing the Jewish community, “anti-blackness” or “intra-community racism” might not be among your first thoughts. But it should be. That’s because anti-blackness in the Jewish community is pushing BLACK Jews out. Countless BLACK Jews have made the difficult decision to leave Judaism completely, no longer identifying as Jewish.

The Question

Eternal
You're doing it wrong, cupcakeer. It goes like this:

811c348b20e8d48e.jpg

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
jack said:
Thanks for proving my point so sweetly.

BUSTED

:bigass:

jack

jack said:

BUSTED

jack

Don't be mad bro. We all knew you were full of shit from the get go.

You've never fooled anyone.

jack

jack said:

BUSTED

jack

Don't be mad bro. We all knew you were full of shit from the get go.

You've never fooled anyone.

The Question

Eternal
Good people get angry when you lie about them.

Evil people get angry when you tell the truth about them.

991448b799ae20b0.jpeg

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Jewish Rituals & Practices: Do Jews Celebrate Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving is a holiday celebrated at the end of the harvest season to give thanks and blessings to god. While it is celebrated in Canada as well as a number of other countries, Thanksgiving is primarily an American holiday that occurs on the last Thursday of November.
While not an inherently religious holiday, Thanksgiving celebration has caused debate within the Jewish community and illuminates the delicate balance that American Jews hold between their Jewish and American identities.The first Thanksgiving - attended by 90 native Americans and 50 English Pilgrim settlers - was held in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1621. That first Thanksgiving mirrored ancient harvest feasts such as the Jewish holiday of Sukkot, the ancient Greek Thesmophorian celebration and the ancient Roman Cerealian rites.​

Unlike other celebrations, such as Holloween, halacha does not prohibit Jewish participation in Thanksgiving because the holiday has secular, not religious origins and undertones. Jews are forbidden by the Torah to partake in "gentile customs," a prohibition derived from Leviticus 18:3 , but most do not consider Thanksgiving to fall in this category.​

The Question

Eternal
This is a terribly anti-semitic article:

Unless it was written by a Jew, then it's fine.

jack

Didn't he die? Like years ago?

The Question

Eternal

The Question

Eternal
So is it still a "myth" when the head of the fuckin' ADL is bragging about it?