• Others, your chice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Discuss.

Ice Cube

A native of Los Angeles, Ice Cube formed his first rap group called C.I.A .in 1986. In 1987, with Easy-E and Dr. Dre, he formed the gangsta rap group N.W.A.

Dr. Dre

Dr. Dre is an American record producer and rapper. He is the founder and CEO of Aftermath Entertainment and Beats Electronic, and co-founded and was the president of Death Row Records.

Snoop Dogg

His initial fame dates back to 1992 after guest appearing on Dr. Dre's debut solo single, "Deep Cover", and then on Dre's debut album, The Chronic.

Ice T

Ice-T co-founded the heavy metal band Body Count in 1990, which he introduced on O.G. Original Gangster, on the track titled "Body Count".

Warren G

His debut album, Regulate...G Funk era, debuted at #2 on the US Billboars 200 chart, selling 176,000 in its opening week. The album later went on to sell over 3 million copies in the US and was certified 3x multi-platinum.

2Pac Shakur

Shakur's double-length posthumous album Greatest Hits (1998) is one of his two releases—and one of only nine hip hop albums—to have been certified Diamonds in the United States

Digital Underground

Digital Underground's leader and mainstay was Gregory "Shock G" Jacobs (also known as Humpty Hump). Shock G formed the group in 1987 with Tampa hip-hop radio deejay Kenneth "Kenny-K" Waters and Jimi "Chopmaster J" Dright of Berkely California.

Eazy-E

Eazy-E, was an American rapper who propelled West Coast rap West Coast rap and gangsta rap by leading the group N.W.A and its label, Ruthless Records. He is often referred to as the "Godfather of Gangsta.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
top 20 west coast rappers
West Coast Hip Hop has given the culture some of its most polarizing and commercially successful acts, and has produced the most prolific rapper of the current generation. Many Hip Hop purists don’t have as much respect for the west coast because of the raw, watered-down lyrics of instrumental-heavy “gangsta rap”

Top-5
No,1: 2Pac
No,2: Ice T
No.3:Ice Cube
No.4: Del the Funky Homosapien
No.5: Too $hort

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
:wtf:
Others, your choice?

I'd like to add the following to the list since 'ceejay' doesn't recognise west coast rapping.

MC Ren - Compton
A member of the original N.W.A lineup that stayed with the group through turmoil into the early 1990s, He is perhaps the most underrated of the four original MC’s.
Brotha Lynch Hung - Sacramento
ynch is most well-known for his 1993 single “24 Deep”, which has a distinct east coast, boom bap sound. The single was dark lyrically, and put him on the map as a highly talented rapper, building hype for his 1995 debut LP Season of da Siccness.
Spice 1 - Hayward (Bay Area)
Spice 1 is one of the Bay Area’s most brutally honest and skilled storytellers. Since the early 1990s. Spice 1’s lyrical content is not for the faint of heart. He often paints a violent, raw portrait of the ghetto.
King T -Compton
While Compton’s King T (Tee) hasn’t released an album since 2002, he can boast being one of the most consistent and hard-working west coast MC’s of the late 1980s and 1990s.
Boots Riley - Oakland
Boots Riley is perhaps a more accessible version of Chuck D, and he kicks political and social raps in an incredibly creative and funky. He has a very inviting delivery and tone that does not immediately scream “revolution”, but does get a firm social message across.
Xizbit - Los Angeles
For a short period of time, Xzibit was one of the world’s most popular rappers. During the late 1990s re-emergence of Dr. Dre which featured Eminem and other Aftermath Records artists, Xzibit was right in the middle of the action.
Paris - San Francisco
Another extremely political rapper that could also be compared to Chuck D. He stormed onto the scene with 1990’s The Devil Made Me Do It,
Aceyalone - Los Angeles
Another one of this list’s more underground rappers. He first emerged in the early 1990s as the standout member of the heralded underground crew Freestyle Fellowship, which released two albums in the first half of the 1990s.
The D.O.C. - Compton
Originally hailing from Dallas, Texas,. He.moved to Compton as a teenager and quickly became down with Dr. Dre and N.W.A. He became a sort of “de facto” member of the group around the time Ice Cube left.
MC Eiht - Compton
Perhaps riding on the coattails of N.W.A’s success during the late 1980s, He formed his group, Compton’s Most Wanted in 1989. With no association to N.W.A or any affiliates.
Kendrick Lamar - Compton
For a ground-breaking artist to emerge in Hip Hop in the 2010s is almost unheard of, but Compton’s Kendrick Lamar has bucked all trends and has done just that.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
This poll will close: Apr 10, 2024...Multiple votes are allowed...Your vote will be publicly visible.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

West Coast!​

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
^^That JAM be jamming^^...It has...Too Short,...2-Pac...Dr. Dre...Warren G, Ice Cube and Eminem^^...I'm adding 50 cent and Method Man on this list<<<Don't know if their west coast, but whatever!

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Another HIT by My West Coast peeps!

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
This poll will close: Apr 10, 2024...Multiple votes are allowed...Your vote will be publicly visible.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
i.m torn between 'dr dre'-dre,' tupack' of cigs (menthol or regular) and 'snop'py "'dog'gy" dawg :bigass:

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
My Pick:

and

Since I couldn't vote for both...I'm putting a wright in vote for Snoop Dogg

Last edited:

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Total voters 1 ...This poll will close: Apr 10, 2024.